Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $12.00 hr
Our client, a Norfolk Baptist Church, is looking for a professional and experienced Pastor’s Secretary.
You will serve as a personal Administrative Assistant to the Pastor, by contributing to the effectiveness and efficiency in carrying out his leadership and pastoral duties.
- Receive and screen telephone calls addressed to the pastor, notify Pastor of messages and inquiries
- Greet and receive visitors entering the office. Promptly inform Pastor and staff of expected appointments
- Maintain the appointment schedule for the Pastor and keep him apprised of special and urgent events
- Sort and review Pastor’s mail, file and or forward to appropriate staff
- Complete forms and applications for ministerial staff
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Pastor, Guest Pastors/Speakers, and other ministerial staff
- Prepare and follow-up on check requests, vouchers and reimbursement payments
- Manage payments/donations and post deposits to the foreign missions account
- Maintain mailing lists for various ministry related organizations.
- Prepares correspondence and memoranda to leadership, ministries and various organizations/associations
- Maintain a centralized and personal filing system for the Pastor and secretarial office
- Print and collate Bible Study and other materials as requested by the Pastor
- Order books and other resources as requested by the Pastor
In Cooperation with the Administrative Assistant:
- Make sure the main office and workroom areas are kept orderly, stocked with supplies, and cleaned at the beginning of each day.
- Copy and distribute correspondence as necessary. Maintain correspondence files.
- Assist with reviewing and editing of the weekly bulletin and newsletter, copy and collate as needed
- Copy and collate Pastor’s books and manuals for purchase and distribution, maintain invoices relating to the same
- Commitment to personal loyalty to the Senior Pastor and additional members of the ministerial staff
- Maintain a positive attitude and poise under pressure
- Maintain a cooperative team spirit with staff, volunteers and congregation
- Obtained (at minimum)and associates degree with over 5 years’ experience as a secretary/personal assistant to senior leadership
- Proficient in the following software applications: WordPerfect, MS Word, MS Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Internet Explorer
Part-Time (8am to 12pm Mon-Fri), Permanent Position
The Virginia Beach Express Employment Professionals office has placed over 4,000 qualified candidates with local Virginia Beach area companies. The majority of our positions are PERMANENT positions, although temporary positions are also available. We are a great resource for job seekers, and there is never a fee to our applicants for our services. Express Employment Professionals was founded in 1983 and today employs hundreds of thousands of people, with over 800 franchise locations worldwide. Express also offers affordable health insurance to qualified employees and their families.
Please email your up to date resume (in a normal Word Document or other editable format; no links please) to: email@example.com and include the job title (Pastor’s Secretary, L036) on the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact you to continue the screening/interview process.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455