Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $10.00 hr
CURRENT OPENING - APPLY TODAY !
Our client, a Virginia Beach manufacturer of military gear, is looking for an Experienced COMMERICAL SEAMSTRESS. PAY: $10.00 hr...FULL TIME, Mon-Fri
- Arm-Hand Steadiness
- Draw patterns with precision.
- Cut and sew for products.
- Operates a walking foot sewing machine to seam sections of material together for exceptional and sturdy products.
- Must be able to read, follow and improve Bill of Material documents.
- Understand multiple step and multi-person production sewing operations.
- Manage material inventory and be able to direct needed material quantities in order to maintain a steady sewing workflow at each workstation and sewing operation.
- Ability to communicate immediate production errors with management.
- Communicate material pattern problems during sewing assembly and recommend adjustments to patterns with the Engineering Department.
- Language: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence; Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Reasoning: Ability to understand and organize a problem and them to select a mathematical method or formula to solve the problem
- Interpersonal - Listens to others without interrupting; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to reaching goals
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Experience using a commercial sewing machine
- Safety & Security - Observes all safety procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Evaluation Hire, Permanent, Full Time position Pay: $10.00+ hr
- Shift: Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:30pm
The Virginia Beach Express Employment Professionals office has placed over 4,500 qualified candidates with local Virginia Beach area companies. The majority of our positions are PERMANENT positions, although temporary positions are also available. We are a great resource for job seekers, and there is never a fee to our applicants for our services. Express Employment Professionals was founded in 1983 and today employs hundreds of thousands of people, with over 800 franchise locations worldwide. Express also offers affordable health insurance to qualified employees and their families.
Please email your up to date resume (in a normal Word Document or other editable format; no links please) to: email@example.com and include the job title (Commercial Seamstress, K096) on the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact you to continue the screening/interview process.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455