Located in Temple, TX
This role is critical to achieving Plant OEE and Equipment Availability goals of eliminating of equipment failures by providing scheduled and non scheduled repairs. While in position, job incumbents are expected to significantly upgrade their job skills and knowledge by participating in company-sponsored training adn certification programs.
- Perform inspections, repairs, and rebuilds on all plant operating equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on the mechanical systems including inspection and lubrication.
- Routine replacement of bearings, idlers, dust collector bags, gearboxes, and drive belts will be required.
- Initiate work orders as required
- Understand the installation and maintenance of all types of bearings.
- Perform shaft alignments using precision tools.
- Must be ale to disassemble and rebuild all types of crushing, screening, and conveying equipment.
- Able to use equipment manuals, parts lists or blue prints to properly install, repair, or order parts.
- Ensure all inventory parts are correctly charged from store
- Ensure all parts are available before starting job.
- Must be well versed on all aspects of safety.
- Comply with company, state, and governmental health and safety regulations at all times.
- Complete and document Workplace Inspections on a timely manner.
- Upgrade skills by participating in vendor and company-designated training.
- Train on any new equipment installations.
- All personnel will be responsible for the facilities’ Safe Food initiative based on FSMA and Current Good Manufacturing Practices.
What are the Essential Knowledge/Skills/Abilities for this position?
- Must have welding experience.
- Industrial background with good troubleshooting skills.
- Must be able perform basic mathematical computations
- Ability to detect potential problems through observation in the field.
- Must be able to work shift work, seven days a week including holidays and be flexible to schedule changes.
- Must have a telephone and be open to call-outs
- Self Motivated and must be able to work independently
- Good decision making skills regarding safety
- Must be able to tolerate working outside in severe weather conditions as well as exposure to high temperature, noise, and dust.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Must be able to access all plant locations and perform the essential job duties of this position, including heavy lifting over 50 pounds. This could include heights of 100 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
- Previous experience operating heavy equipment is desired.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as work orders, blue prints, mechanical drawings, safety rules, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
In addition to submitting your online application resumes in Microsoft Word format can be submitted to:
Express Office: Temple
200 West Calhoun Avenue
Temple, TX 76501