Nurse Assistant Short Term
Located in Utica, NY
Endoscopy Center has an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Nursing Assistant to work 8:30am-5pm for 4 to 5 days per week for 6-12 weeks possibly longer in duration.
Will be responsible for patient transport at discharge, turning over patient care equipment, and stocking supplies. The minimum requirements are training as a nurses aide or medial assistant, with at least two years experience preferred. Upon acceptance of a candidate, they will undergo a physical examination with titers for immunizations and a urine drug screen.
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting in direct and indirect care of patients in the endoscopy unit as directed by the registered nurse, assists in the handling and processing of endoscopy procedural equipment, as well as assisting in the maintenance of adequate stock of supplies for GI procedures. Functions as part of a team to meet the needs of physicians and nurses to support patient care in the endoscopy setting. Demonstrates competency in the essential duties and responsibilities listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Registered Nurse and Physician to provide quality care to patients before, during. and after endoscopy procedures , in accordance with National Standards of Practice, facility policy, and all applicable regulatory and accreditation bodies
- Assists in patient care activities as delegated such as providing safe patient transfer, answering call lights, providing patient comfort measures, obtaining vital signs, providing beverages, and ambulating patients.
- Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting of patient care equipment between patients according to manufacturers’ recommendations and infection control standards.
- Additional duties include cross training and maintaining competency in the cleaning and high level disinfecting of endoscopic equipment and instrumentation per manufacturer’s recommendation, SGNA and infection control standards.
- Understands operation , handling and cleaning of equipment according to manufacturer’s recommendation to assure optimal functioning.
- Assists with ordering and maintenance of supply inventory.
- Communicates appropriately with peers, management and physicians, patients and patient’s family members, maintaining confidentiality.
- Ensures that Universal Precautions and the principles of aseptic and sterile technique are used properly. Implements safe practices and provides knowledgeable guidance and evaluation of the environment of care management to include infection control practices, safe use of medical equipment, and adherence to life safety codes.
- Participates in orientation, continuing education, staff meetings, and performance improvement activities to promote safe, quality, cost efficient patient care. Accepts additional responsibilities related to essential functions of the department outside of primary job responsibilities.
- Assists in creating an atmosphere of mutual respect , trust, and support. Expresses self as a professional role model to staff and others. Promotes teamwork and maintains the focus on the patient as the priority at all times.
Education, Training, Certification, and Licensure:
High school graduate or equivalent with additional training in medical specialty such as surgical tech, medical assistant or nurses’ aide, with a minimum of two years experience. BLS certificate required.
Please contact our office at 315790-5723 with any questions.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502