Truck Mechanic - Tractors, Trailers
Located in Calera, AL
Salary: $15.00 -$18.00/hr
$15.00 - $18.00+ /hr. to start, depending on exper. Birmingham. Two immediate full-time openings. Training shift starts 7 AM, then move to 10 AM start time.
Foot-in-the-door with established and growing family-owned trucking business. Full benefits.
- Performing overall preventive maintenance (PM) on tractors and trailers.
- Brake jobs, replacing radiators
- Changing out turbos (will train good candidate on this & other repairs)
- Perform all repairs within DOT regulations, with documentation
- Provide driver assistance for road breakdown maint. issues as assigned
This Describes a Great Candidate:
- FYI - No diesel mechanic certification is required
- Must have min. 1-2 years’ experience doing repairs or preventive maint. on: semi tractors, trailers or heavy equipment
- Someone with only auto repair or dealership repair experience is not a candidate
- Ability to listen well, follow directions, learn processes
- CDL A license is a plus!
- Ability to lift heavier items as needed
- Open to growing and advancing your skills
- Be available for after-hours needs, per rotating schedule
- Dependable, punctual, with reliable transportation
- Drug-free & safe working habits (pre-employment & random drug screenings)
If you fit the candidate description above, WE WANT TO SPEAK WITH YOU! Please apply online (click Reply below), or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242