Supply Chain- Purchasing
Located in Woodland, WA
Express is recruiting 2- experienced Supply Chain/Purchasing candidates for a Buyer position in Woodland, WA!
Position Overview- Purchase all parts and materials associated with the Cabinetry projects to ensure organization is successful in meeting scheduled production schedules while in the end meeting customer delivery schedules.
- Responsible for the day-to-day tactics required to procure direct material or indirect services and to manage purchase orders from request for quote to supplier payment.
- Required to balance the trade-offs of inventory and shipping costs to achieve low inventories and on time-delivery schedules through day to day supplier communications, management of reorder quantities, and ERP requirement signal management.
- Responsible for accurate payment and payment schedules to supplier.
- Send out bids/RFQ’s, issue PO’s,
- Liaison between organizations suppliers, engineering (internal & external), and various other departments (Production, QC, and Programs).
- Provide parts updates; arrange NDA’s if required; attend GEMBA and Project meetings, etc.
- Computer Savvy in all Windows programs
- Telephone and Organization skills
- DocPak & ERP Knowledge and experience with reading blueprints.
- BA degree Business/Supply Chain strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years Buyer experience in a purchasing or supply chain role including experience negotiating and developing supplier contracts
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. APICS and NAPM Certification preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing industry is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent computer skills – especially MS Excel
- We take walk in interviews Mon.-Fri from 9am-2pm at 1208 Washington Way in Longview or Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 131 Davidson Ave, Suite BB in Woodland, behind the Port of Woodland office.
- Complete the application on our website www.expresscowlitzcounty.com.
- Call Express Employment Professionals at 360-414-1200 or 360-225-0700 to speak with a hiring manager (Mon-Fri, 8am to 5:00pm).
"All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws."
Express Office: Longview
1208 Washington Way
Longview, WA 98632