Credit and Collections Specialist
- The duties of a Collections Specialist include collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented collections department.
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write off, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with sales dept regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with dealers and sales.
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Monthly Delinquency notices
- Processing monthly credit memos and the appropriate reporting
- High volume phone calls to assigned delinquent customers
- Manage customers on the shutdown report
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Provide excellent & considerate customer service to dealers and sales
- Internal and External customer interface
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- 2 years High Volume corporate Collections experience.
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Experience with QuickBooks a plus
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- CCP CCCP CCS CCCS or FDCPA certifications preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $18.00 /hour