Located in Nashville, TN
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per Hour
Welder Job Summary
We are seeking a highly skilled welder to join our growing organization. In this position, you will work on-site and in-house to complete jobs on time and on budget. You will lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements.
Welder Duties and Responsibilities
- Use powered saws, hand shears, and/or chipping knife when necessary
- Use portable grinder, hand file, and/or scraper when necessary
- Use precision measuring tools to inspect grooves and angles
- Maintain proper equipment; repair when needed
- Conduct tests to check weld quality, including hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance
- Weld parts in flat, vertical, and/or overhead positions
- Interpret drawings and plans; carry out work accordingly
- Produce templates and other work aids
Welder Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- One or two years of welding experience preferred.
- Ability to do basic math, and a basic understanding of electricity.
- Understanding of metallurgy.
- MIG welders certification through the American Welding Society a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
Express Office: Nashville (North)
2286 Rosa L Parks Boulevard
Nashville, TN 37228