Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $40,000 to $48,000 yr
NEW, DIRECT HIRE, PERMANENT POSITION - STAFF ACCOUNTANT:
Our client, a producer and importer of olive and vegetable oils, is in search of an experienced Staff Accountant. This is a Direct Hire, Permanent Position, paying $40,000 to $48,000 yr to start.
Working under the direct supervision of the CFO this position delivers general support for accounting, sales and administrative functions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist with the administration and maintenance of all company accounting records including the books of original entry, supporting analysis of accounts and schedules including but not limited to General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Order Entry and Inventory with in the SAP software system.
- Reconcile company bank accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements (statement of earnings, balance sheet, statement of retained earnings and statement of changes in financial position) and related financial analysis.
- Prepare bank deposit and post cash receipts.
- Preparation of Customer invoices
- General filing and maintenance of various company records.
- Assists Human Resource Manager with HR functions as requested.
- Prepares quarterly Sales Tax Reports
- Prepare various analytical reports regarding sales, broker commissions, marketing accruals, and various others.
- Sales Support Responsible for supporting the CFO and the Sales Team by performing duties that may include:
- Communicating with customers regarding past due balances
- Preparing reports for sales team regarding communications with customers and collection efforts
- Prepare various report for the sales team to determine landed cost and profitability
- Other duties as assignedRequired Abilities and Competencies:
- Communication and Comprehension:
- Reads and comprehends written English at a level necessary to moderately complex instructions and communications, particularly those of a financial nature.
- Understands, speaks, and writes English at a level necessary to comprehend moderately complex directives.
- Good listening skills required.
- Able to speak in an articulate manner.
- Problem Solving:
- Able to perform basic, financially oriented mathematical computations.
- A quick thinker able to address customers’ needs and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Able to juggle and prioritize multiple responsibilities and directions from more than one manager.
- Required Experience:
- Accounting: 5 years
- Required Education:
Express Employment Professionals is a leading recruiter and staffing provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers find work and help businesses find qualified employees. Founded in 1983, Express today employs hundreds of thousands of people, with 800 franchise locations worldwide. Our long-term goal is at the heart of our company's vision, to help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people. The Virginia Beach Express office has placed over 4,000 qualified candidates with local Virginia Beach area companies. There is never a fee to our applicants.
Please email your up to date resume (in a normal Word Document or other editable format; no links please) to: email@example.com and include the job title (Staff Accountant, L029) on the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact you to continue the screening/interview process.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455