Office Specialist III
Located in San Rafael, CA
OFFICE SPEACIALIST III NEEDED FOR IMMEDIATE PLACEMENT
SAN RAFAEL LOCATION - $23/HR
PLEASE APPLY NOW FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION!
Under general supervision, performs complex clerical and/or eligibility support duties for Section 8, public housing, supportive services and/or rehabilitation programs; assists and informs the public on housing authority processes and requirements; assists and provides clerical, data entry, and file and records maintenance to eligibility unit; maintains complex files, data and records; and performs related work as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Types and keeps records of a statistical nature; makes arithmetic computations, keeps staff calendars and schedules appointments and keeps tracking logs.
- Answers incoming calls and gives routine information to the public; assists in scheduling and set-up for housing inspections and provides referrals to the general public.
- Assists the public and clients by responding to inquiries and providing information within established policies and procedures; issues and receives various forms; checks submitted forms for completeness and accuracy in information with established standards.
- Types correspondence, reports, forms and other documents from rough draft, marginal notes or verbal instructions; proofreads typed material.
- Distributes and delivers required information to staff and participants within tight timeframes; schedules appointments and follows up with participants and the submission of required documents.
- Maintains files, databases, records, manuals, and indexes within close timeframes; classifies and posts statistical data within database; operates standard office equipment in the course of work.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
- Housing program requirements and processes; related required documentation and scheduling and submittal timelines.
- Standard office and administrative policies and procedures; specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry, data base access and/or standard report generation.
- Business arithmetic; standard office practices and procedures including filing and the operation of standard office equipment, including a computer and applicable software.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Methods and techniques for basic report preparation and writing; record keeping principles and practices; correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Accounting, clerical, maintenance, inspections, computer operation terminology required.
- Operating principles of data entry equipment and basic mathematical skills.
- Understanding and following oral and written instructions; performing general clerical work quickly and accurately; making arithmetical calculations; maintaining and creating files and databases.
- Making decisions in routine procedural matters without immediate supervision.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate and concise records and reports.
- Operating a high volume telephone switchboard; dealing tactfully and courteously with the public and other employees in stressful situations.
- Performing word processing and data entry at a sufficient rate from clear manuscript or printed typewritten copy.
- Working effectively under pressure; maintaining basic financial records; maintaining schedules and making appointments and maintaining confidentiality of documents and information.
- Working collaboratively with housing program staff to assure the provision of comprehensive and coordinated services.
- Operating standard office equipment including job-related computer hardware and software applications, facsimile equipment and multi-line telephones.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
PLEASE APPLY TO: email@example.com
Express Office: San Rafael
38 Mitchell Boulevard
San Rafael, CA 94903