Quality Control Inspector
Located in Cedar Hill, TX
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for ensuring that product meets the NARSTCO acceptance criteria by conducting receiving, first part, in-process and final inspections and identifying and documenting any non-conformances. The Quality Control Inspector will also be responsible for ensuring that all inspection equipment is in proper working condition and calibrated.
- Carryout to the extent required, production activities for the processing of any and all NARSTCO products
- Read and interpret drawings and inspection acceptance criteria
- Use conventional and product specific instruction equipment, fixtures and jigs
- Conduct inspection on received purchased product, first part run on a new set up, in process production and final sample prior to release of product
- Work closely with manufacturing, engineering and other management personnel
- Identify potential nonconformance and methods preventing nonconformance and methods to improve processes
- Review rework of nonconforming product, identifying and pulling nonconforming product from line and notifying lead or production supervisor of nonconforming product for rework requirement
- Identify potential safety hazards and methods to improve overall plant safety
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards
- Work at a reasonable pace (measured by production efficiency) and within our quality standards to insure timely completion
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures and instructional material and manuals
- To exercise the utmost degree of integrity, honesty, good faith and fidelity to the Company, in dealing with the Company and with its customers, employees, suppliers and other public entities
- Provide other reasonable services as the Company may request from time to time
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Commitment to the job
- Communication Proficiency
The job operates primarily in the production area of the NARSTCO facility and work will require exposure to dangerous machinery, outdoor weather conditions, loud noises, fumes, sparks, metal dust and industrial moving parts.
Proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) policy and Safety Regulations must be adhered to at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is required to stand, walk, sit, listen, talk, kneel, twist, reach, push/pull, climb, and work may involve lifting up to 50 pounds individually and assistance must be required for anything over 50 pounds. Lifting is required about 4 hours per day.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are based on a shift schedule from 8 hours per day to 12 hours per day pending production needs during the year, up to 40 hours per week and overtime depending on company internal and external project demands.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associates degree preferred
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 preferred
- One year or more experience in machined and cast product inspection in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings required
- Knowledge and use of inspection equipment required
- Ability to read written inspection instructions and inspection equipment calibration instructions required
- Knowledge of the metric system a bonus
- Ability to work well with tools and machinery required
- Experience in industrial, production manufacturing and fabrication preferred
Express Office: Waxahachie
507 North Highway 77
North Gate Plaza, Suite 516
Waxahachie, TX 75165-0996