Director of Human Resources
Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $40,000 to $50,000 yr
EXPERIENCED DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES - NOW OPEN. APPLY TODAY !
Our client, a large printing company in the Virginia Beach area, is seeking detail-oriented individual eager to build a career in a friendly, fast-growing and team-oriented environment. They are in need of an experienced Director of Human Resources.
The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for the overall employee lifecycle for a fast paced, growing company. Primarily, this role focuses on maintaining and enhancing the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices as well as direct oversight of benefits administration. This role provides the Director of Human Resources the opportunity to preserve, and further our culture as a leading place to work, facilitate career building for our employees, and maintain our drive as an industry leader. The Director of Human Resources is required to stay current with industry trends and employment legislation to ensure compliance.
- Administer various HR plans and procedures for all company personnel; assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and employees in order to be an effective listener and objective resource on personnel matters.
- Implement HR strategies; including talent acquisition, staffing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, employee relations and retention, and AA/EEO compliance.
- Act as an ambassador for onboarding new employees, oversight of employee orientation program, and facilitation of cross-departmental training.
- Partner with Department Heads to ensure job requirements and job descriptions for all positions are up to date.
- Serve as a resource to address employee grievances, and counsel employees and supervisors while mitigating risk to the organization.
- Oversee the organization’s performance evaluation program.
- Maintain personnel records and use discretion with privileged information; serve as an objective trusted professional to allow employees to have open discussions.
- Administer employee benefits, maintain benefit programs, assess needs and trends, and coordinate open enrollment; recommend benefit programs to senior leaders; direct the processing of benefit claims; obtain and evaluate benefit contract bids and award contracts.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops review professional publications; establish/maintain professional networks and participate in professional societies.
- Ensure leadership culture and coaching for performance success is followed across all departments and all employee demonstrate behaviors consistent with Paradigm’s Core Value.s
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying current with existing and new legislation, enforce adherence to requirements and advise management on needed actions.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Collaborate with members of the R&R program on the coordination of 5 events through the year, as well as the introduction and maintenance of a Wellness Program.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education Requirements: PHR or SPHR designation preferred
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field
- Ability to be objective, maintain strict confidentiality and work with sensitive data
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources
- Experience with ADP Workforce now and HRIS systems
- Proficient in the use of the MS Office Suite and HRIS technology
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to manage through distractions, perform with changing/competing priorities and aggressive deadlines
- Ability to present findings and recommendations to designated executives
- Ability to coach, mentor, and develop staff to be self-sufficient and high functioning employees
- Well-versed in the areas of legal compliance, including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, ACA
- Must be tactful and diplomatic with an emphasis on providing excellent internal customer service
- Critical/analytical thinking skills
- Permanent, Full Time positionMonday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with overtime available/requested/required as needed.
- Pay: $40,000 - $50,000 yr
The Virginia Beach Express Employment Professionals office has placed over 4,000 qualified candidates with local Virginia Beach area companies. The majority of our positions are PERMANENT positions, although temporary positions are also available. We are a great resource for job seekers, and there is never a fee to our applicants for our services. Express Employment Professionals was founded in 1983 and today employs hundreds of thousands of people, with 800 franchise locations worldwide. Express also offers affordable health insurance to qualified employees and their families.
- Please email your resume (in an editable format, such as MS Word) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title (Director of Human Resource, L020) on the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact you (via email) to continue the screening/interview process.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455