Digital Artwork Pre Press and Restoration Specialist
Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $12.00+ hr depending on exper.
New Position - email your resume now to apply !!
Our client, a large manufacturing company in the Virginia Beach area, is seeking detail-oriented individuals eager to build a career in a friendly, fast-growing and team-oriented environment.
The Digital Artwork Pre-Press And Restoration Specialist position entails the individual to assist with the daily operations of a deadline-oriented Design Services department responsible for digital pre-press assets later utilized in offset, foil and intaglio printing techniques
- The creation, maintenance, and/or repair of exact digital facsimiles of client-supplied artwork by means of both proprietary and industry software or hardware
- Creation and editing of High-resolution scans
- Document typesetting, layout, and physical inspection
- Detailed font matching and/or creation and manipulation of vectorized versions
- Proofing and on-going inspection of jobs from conception to production of final product
- Demonstrable proficiency (speed and knowledge) with design, typesetting and pre-press software, including Adobe Photoshop and CorelDraw (or similar text layout program) for PC/Windows
- Certification and/or degree in Graphic Design or Fine Arts preferred
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- Valid (non-suspended or limited) Driver’s License and dependable transportation for timely work attendance and/or occasional supply or materials errands as needed or required.
- Physically able to push/pull/lift/carry supplies and various works in progress of at least 35-50 pounds
- Physically able to bend/kneel/walk/stand, in tandem with cart, stepstools or rolling ladders, to access supplies and various works in progress or other materials as needed in storage rooms or production areas
- Ability or demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, and Excel) as needed for completion of daily tasks, internal communication, and/or reporting.
- Ability to quickly learn and appropriately utilize internal applications and knowledge bases as needed for timely completion of daily tasks
- Ability to communicate, both verbally or written, in a professional and grammatically-correct manner where needed or when required with clients, service providers, and/or fellow employees;
- Ability to read, process and follow written directions and procedures
- Ability to begin, continue, or find work without needing to be told or encouraged to do so
- Ability to maintain focus and concentration for long periods of time on computer- (seated) or machine-related (standing) tasks
- Ability to maintain routine and predictability in dynamic and open-office environment
- Ability to prioritize, accomplish goals within set time-frames, and maintain required metrics as per job specifications
- Ability to work in concert with a team or independently, with or without direct supervision/guidance as needed
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task while making fact-based or historically-valid and justifiable decisions
- Ability to assist, support, or work in close and harmonious relationship with all inter- and intra-departmental personnel as needed or requested
- Good vision, with or without corrective lenses, in order to sustain adequate visual focus over a period of time
- Ability to consistently comply with established procedures, rules, and regulations
- Ability to maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area as per company and/or OSHA Standards
- Full-Time, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with overtime available/requested/required as needed.
- Pay: $12.00+ hr depending on experience
The Virginia Beach Express Employment Professionals office has placed over 4,000 qualified candidates with local Virginia Beach area companies. The majority of our positions are PERMANENT positions, although temporary positions are also available. We are a great resource for job seekers, and there is never a fee to our applicants for our services. Express Employment Professionals was founded in 1983 and today employs hundreds of thousands of people, with 800 franchise locations worldwide. Express also offers affordable health insurance to qualified employees and their families.
Please email your resume (in an editable format, such as MS Word) to: email@example.com and include the job title (Digital Artwork Pre Press and Restoration Specialist, H046) on the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact you (via email) to continue the screening/interview process.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455