Maintenance Technician - Electrical $20-$22hr
Located in Spartanburg, SC
Summary: Performs a variety of maintenance and repair duties to keep equipment and facilities in good working and safe condition with a focus on electrical components and systems. Follows Standard Operating Procedures, production plans, preventative maintenance schedules and environmental health and safety standards. May assist with training new maintenance techs.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Handles electrical/electronic troubleshooting and repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs production equipment on a priority basis.
- Inspects and performs scheduled preventive maintenance on machines, according to schedule and plans.
- Check the performance of machinery and detect minor problems by performing basic diagnostic and alignment tests, report any necessary major repairs
- Adjust, align and calibrate equipment and machinery to meet production and quality specifications, including sensors and controls as necessary
- Repairs broken parts and performs building repairs, as needed, for the plant.
- Machines parts for rebuilding manufacturing equipment; makes die parts for plant equipment.
- Installs new equipment.
- Maintains the office building to include painting, minor electrical duties, minor carpentry, repairs to furniture, etc.
- Follow environmental, health and safety standards and procedures including but not limited to LOTO, safe lifting, forklift and crane operations.
- Maintain housekeeping of defined equipment areas by adhering to the guidelines of the GMP / 5S and best practice systems.
- Communicate machine status and performance to the following shift team to ensure effective shift changeovers if applicable
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude and history of safe work practices and habits.
- Able to read and apply technical manuals, work instructions and product specifications, along with ability to properly complete record keeping duties.
- Technical training or experience in one or more areas of electrical/electronics, troubleshooting, machining, welding, carpentry, plumbing is highly desirable
- Able to be certified to operate forklift and crane equipment.
- Strong sense of responsibility and attention to detail.
- Good communication and team work abilities.
- Available to work overtime, both on weekends and at night/early morning to accommodate production scheduling requirements.
- Able to effectively use common hand and power tools along with measurement tools/gages (metric and US)
- Basic computer skills to input and track information
- Able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
- High school diploma or GED required
Express Office: Spartanburg
115 C & D Southport Road
Spartanburg, SC 29306