Located in Fort Myers, FL
Salary: $55K +
Located in Fort Myers, FL
A leading provider of educational training seminars, conferences and services is looking for a qualified Paralegal to join their team.
- Reviewing and clearing the trademark docket for deadlines associated with U.S. and International prosecution and maintenance of trademark applications and registrations.
- Maintaining and organizing the trademark prosecution, trademark enforcement and copyright files.
- Assisting with trademark monitoring.
- Communicating and coordinating with internal client’s regarding trademark prosecution and maintenance
- Conducting, ordering, reviewing and analyzing trademark search reports
- Preparing and filing trademark applications, extensions of time, statements of use, combined affidavits, and renewals with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“PTO”).
- Communicating with foreign counsel regarding international trademark prosecution and maintenance
- Knowledgeable of intent to use and use based as well as international filing strategies
- Preparing and filing trademark and copyright assignments
- Preparing and filing responses to office actions and other miscellaneous documents with the PTO
- Preparing trademark prosecution and maintenance correspondence to clients and to the PTO
- Reviewing the Official Gazette.
- Reviewing watch notices
- Preparing and filing copyright applications.
- Preparing cost estimates for trademark prosecution and maintenance matters
- Preparing client status reports for trademark, copyright and related matters
Contract Specific Functions:
- Administer contract life cycle from start to finish, including:
- Critically analyze request to ensure complete information
- Confirm required approvals
- Draft contract using proper template, including NDAs and independent contractor agreements, within established service time frame
- Review, analyze and respond to requests for revisions and identify exceptions for review by supervising attorney
- Ensure all legal and financial requirements and approvals are followed before executable contract is presented for signature
- Ensure contract review, approval, execution, and tracking and archiving in accordance with Company procedures; assist in development of Legal Department procedures for the same.
- Maintain an audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules
- Maintain contract databases and revise, as required, contract templates at the direction of the supervising attorney.
Certified Florida paralegal with 5+ years of experience in law firm servicing public companies
Position Type: Evaluation Hire
Pay: $55K +
Schedule: 8 am – 5 pm Monday-Friday
Three Ways To Apply: (choose one)
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support; we are a Human Resources Solution company assisting business in finding top talent. Express can place you in a wide range of niche industries including Administrative, Professional, Medical, and Commercial positions. We are able to fill these needs through direct hire and contract opportunities. In 2016 we put over 2500 people to work in the Lee County Area. Let us help you today! Learn more about our local office at our website: https://www.expresspros.com/FtMyersFL/
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit https://www.expresspros.com/FtMyersFL/Job-Openings.aspx
Express Office: Fort Myers (Northeast Corridor)
7370 College Parkway
Fort Myers, FL 33907