Executive Assistant to VP
Located in Grand Rapids , MI
A specialty gourmet food company in Grand Rapids, MI is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant to join their team. This candidate will provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Vice President by conducting research, preparing financial reports, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meeting for the EVP. The executive assistant deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization.
The essential functions of this position are as followed:
- The executive assistant types reports, memos, letters and other documents using word relevant computer software.
- Analyzes data and investigates inconsistencies or discrepancies.
- Assists sales team by creating presentations, completing forms and gathering product information.
- Work with Excel, pivot tables, spreadsheets, and other activities.
- The executive assistant maintains schedule of meetings, conferences, shows, teleconferences, travel, and various deadlines.
- Follow up and communication with Vendors.
- Managing supply of samples, including shipping to customers, vendors and for shows.
- Prepares sales analyses.
- Brand management – marketing perspective.
- Additional responsibilities may vary
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Position Type: Full-time-time, Evaluation Hire or Direct Hire
Pay: $20.00-$22.00 an hour
Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Friday 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Minimum: Associates Degree or five years of relevant experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or 10 years of relevant experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Administrative, organizational, planning and multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Time management skills to organize daily planning and monthly activities and meet deadlines
- Customer service skills to interact effectively with employees and outside customers
- Shift priorities quickly without losing attention to detail
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) preferred, but not required
Three Ways To Apply: (choose one)
- Resumes may be emailed to Mina.Stallworth@expresspors.com
- Call our office 616-281-0611
- Visit our office 1760 44th Street SW, Suite 10. Inside the Chateau Centre.
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express Employment Professionals is a staffing development agency assisting businesses in attracting and developing top talent. Since opening in Grand Rapids in 1996, Express has put over 20,000 people to work right here in our community. Express can help you find a job that is the perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you will never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you are looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express has a wide range of jobs available including Administrative, Light Industrial, Skilled Trades, and Professional positions through evaluation-hire, contract, and direct hire opportunities. Let us help you today!
The Express team in Grand Rapids is a Certified Veteran-Friendly Employer through the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency. We are committed to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Express offers a competitive benefits package for evaluation-hire and contract positions including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Holiday and Vacation Pay, 401(k), Short-Term Disability, Life, Prescription Drug Reimbursement, and Scholarships.
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com/GrandRapidsMI/Job-Openings.aspx.
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519