Print Production Services Specialist
Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $12.00+ hr depending on exper.
Our client, a large printing company in the Virginia Beach area is seeking detail-oriented individuals eager to build a career in a friendly, fast-growing and team-oriented environment. Their Print Production Services Specialist position entails assisting with daily operations of the deadline-oriented Print Production Services department. This position is a very thought-intensive position and exceptional organizational and time-management skills are a must.
- Learn to assist in the efficient and safe operation of one or all of the presses on site, as aptitude demonstrates: Lithography, Foil Stamping, Engraving;
- Set up, break down, clean up and/or maintain presses as required;
- Light bindery work, including, but not limited to, paper cutting and plate making;
- General inventory, shipping and warehouse duties.
- Verify stock accuracy and quality consistency within the production run;
- Identify and alert supervisor by providing samples to obtain approval for any potential quality inconsistencies;
- Investigate discrepancies that occur using the proper channels and work toward the quick resolution of process problems and quality control issues that fall outside the predefined standard;
- Work in close relationship with department personnel, other departments and assist with other tasks as assigned and requested.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in presswork, bindery, print production and/or quality assurance is desired
- Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop knowledge desired
- CorelDraw knowledge desired
- Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word and Excel) desired
- Ability to learn internal applications as needed
- Excellent math, reading, verbal and written skills
- Capable of self-managing and multi-tasking while making sound and justifiable decisions
- Work in concert with a team OR independently, without direct supervision/guidance, depending on the situation
- Set priorities and meet deadlines accordingly
- Can sit or stand and work for long periods of time while maintaining attention and concentration
- Good vision, with or without corrective lenses, in order to sustain adequate visual focus over a period of time
- Fine motor skills, including, but not limited to, the full, complete use of and muscle control required to make precise hand movements, relative to tasks requiring hand-eye coordination, muscle coordination and dexterity
- Physically able to perform the following: push/pull/lift/carry at least 50 pounds, bend/kneel/walk to access stocks and machinery; use cart/stepstool/reach to acquire needed stocks
- Full-Time, Monday - Friday,
8:30 am to 5:00 pm with OT available/requested/required as needed
- Pay: $12.00+ hr to start (depending on experience)
- This is an Evaluation Hire, Permanent Position,
- After probationary period is met; Medical and dental insurance, retirement plan and paid leave are available upon qualification with this client.
The Virginia Beach Express Employment Professionals office has placed over 4,000 qualified candidates with local Virginia Beach area companies. The majority of our positions are PERMANENT positions, although temporary positions are also available. We are a great resource for job seekers, and there is never a fee to our applicants for our services. Express Employment Professionals was founded in 1983 and today employs hundreds of thousands of people, with 800 franchise locations worldwide. Express also offers affordable health insurance to qualified employees and their families.
TO APPLY: Please email your up to date resume (in a normal Word Document or other editable format; no links please) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title (Print Production Services Specialist, H026) on the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact you to continue the screening/interview process.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455