Admissions Coordinator/Social Services Assistant
Located in Asheville, NC
Our Client a local long term care facility is looking for a qualified associate to help them in their admissions department. If you want to join a team with a family feel and have an opportunity for further growth this could be the position for you.
A Social Work Degree is Preferred!
Must have Knowledge of reimbursement programs i.e: Medicare, Medicaid, VA, etc.
Ability to operate Microsoft Office and other EHR softwares.
Have effective communication, organization and prioritization skills.
Pleasant, tactful and courteous and professionally attired
Ability to cooperate and communicate orally with other staff, residents and family members
Must be able to cope with a stressful working environment consisting of physically and cognitively impaired residents
Flexibility of schedule
Understanding of Long Term Care Facility procedures and regulations
Ability to stoop, bend, reach and lift
Will stand, walk and sit at intervals during work hours
- Respond to inquiries from hospital discharge planners, families and other referral sources, manage admissions process and occupancy levels.
- Maintain database of medical contracts and community resources
- Participate in marketing events and represent the facility positively at all times.
- Give prospective admissions and/or their family members or representative tours of the building and ensure that appropriate admissions data are entered into the automated referrals system
- Designs and develops marketing and promotional materials for the facility. These shall include, but are not limited to: fliers, brochures, presentation material for public events, etc.
- Coordinate all admissions to the facility and communicate with all staff to facilitate the admissions to the facility
- Completes admission paperwork with the responsible party, resident or power of attorney upon admission and assure that the Admission packet is completed in a timely manner (within 24 hours of admission) and that all forms are presented in a neat and organized manner.
- Verify insurance and obtain precertification and certifications from insurance companies to assure all stays are covered
- Notify families when Medicare Part A and Part B benefit periods are expiring within the time period required under Medicare Rules and guidelines and complete the required documentation of such.
- Complete PASRR on all new admissions
- Obtain FL-2’s when needed for level of care and payment purposes through NCTracks
- Assist in obtaining and verifying PCS authorizations for Assisted Living level residents
- Assist Social Services Director with Admission Assessments
- Assist Social Services Director as an advocate for residents and serve as a liaison between resident, his/her family, community agencies and Aston Park.
- Assist in scanning pertinent documents; i.e. lab reports, x-rays, progress notes, etc in absence of Medical Records Clerk
- Adhere to all Infection Control regulations
- Participate and assist in department projects as requested and attend scheduled in-services
- Perform any and all duties as delegated by the Social Services Director
Job Description Change
This job description may change without notice when in the best interest of resident care. Notification will be given when changes occur.
Schedule Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00pm $14-$16/hr with a full time opportunity and room to grow. With rotating weekends every 4th or 5th weekend.
Express Office: Asheville
1979 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803