IT Support Specialist
Located in Asheville, NC
Qualified candidates will possess experience in information technology support, an ability to manage multiple priorities, excellent customer service skills, a high level of integrity and excellent problem solving skills.
The IT Support Specialist will ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network to include planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing software, computers and servers. The individual will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training as required.
• Work with department managers and IT staff to analyze and resolve problems associated with technical issues.
• Install, administer and troubleshoot Microsoft Server products, including Windows 2012/2016, VMWare, Office365, Office 2013/2016, and SQL Server 2008/2012/2016.
• Upgrades, installs and troubleshoots workstations, servers and software.
• Develops and documents system standards for computer and network devices.
• Maintain, Install and upgrade switches and firewalls.
• Monitor and diagnose system logs.
• User and group account administration.
• Design, maintain and troubleshoot Active Directory.
• Monitor, maintain, and implement backup and security for Windows based environment.
• Report the performance levels of the corporate systems.
• Create and update technical documentation.
• Four year college degree in Computer Science with a focus in network administration, or a suitable combination of education and work experience.
• Advanced understanding of supporting Microsoft Windows platforms, Exchange, Active Directory, SQL, Cisco and Palo Alto.
• Experience and understanding of imaging software and process.
• An understanding of network technology and related concepts/protocols: WAN, LAN, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, TCP/IP, HTTP, IMAP, POP3, EXCHANGE
• Experience configuring, setting up and debugging PC-based, MAC-based, and Web-based systems
• Knowledge and experience with corporate antivirus software
• Customer service-oriented nature with friendly, upbeat attitude
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, organized, ability to multi-task and have great attention to detail.
Express Office: Asheville
1979 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803