Located in Dexter, MI
Under the supervision of the team leader, the Assembler is responsible for operating and maintaining assembly equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve the quality and production standards of the company.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Assembler include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to read blueprints, and assemble units according to print
- Properly utilize various hand and power tools, i.e. electric and air powered drills, wrenches, grinders, nail/staple gun, overhead crane, pallet jack, etc.
- Package, crate, and/or prepare finished goods for shipment and/or removal to proper locations.
- Adhere to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost (SQDC) metrics.
- Understand & execute, if necessary, inventory paperwork & computer transactions.
- Mobility to move within department/plant as assigned.
- Must be able to scan paperwork correctly including serial tags.
- Competency to read bill of materials.
- May operate fork truck to load and unload trucks; placing material(s) in correct locations.
Skills and Requirements needed for the Mechanical Assembler:
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Demonstrated skills using both hand and power tools, ability to read blue prints and tape measure.
- Knowledge of hydraulic components preferred.
Work Schedule for the Mechanical Assembler: M-F, 6am – 2:30pm
Compensation for the Mechanical Assembler: $12-$13 hourly based on experience
Choose 1 of 3 Ways to Apply:
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S .and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express Ann Arbor specializes in long-term, contract-to-hire placements in the industrial, administrative, skill trade and professional sectors.
Express Office: Ann Arbor
6360 Jackson Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48103