Maintenance Technician-Athens, GA
Located in Athens, GA
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for the safe and effective maintenance of the plant in accordance to the requirements of the production schedule. Responsible for the preventive maintenance and installation of equipment.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for making sure that every employee on the shift is working to have an accident free environment.
- Communicate to leadership any issues that arise through the functions of maintenance technician using the lock out tag out process as needed
- Make use of all PPE, and insures compliance with all safety rules and Regulations.
- Attends safety meetings
- Responsible for maintaining a clean production area and workshop.
- Must be familiar with OSHA regulations and be able to recognize and correct any weakness
- Properly utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including mandatory use of eye protection and hearing protection. Gloves and sleeves may also be required for some tasks.
- Proper use of the Conwed Lockout/Tagout procedures.
- Diagnoses and repairs equipment:
- Responds with a sense of urgency to problems within the plant
- Communicates needs or concerns of equipment breakdowns in the timely manner
- Rebuild equipment and assemblies as needed
- Modifies existing equipment as needed
- Performs Preventive Maintenance tasks;
- Complete required preventive maintenance in a timely manner
- Communicate any problems or concerns that arise within the scope of completing PM’s of equipment to the appropriate individual for further action.
- Installation and removable of equipment
- Complete tasks involved in the installation and/or removal of equipment in an effective and timely manner.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years electrical and mechanical equipment maintenance
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted and 100 lbs with assistance
If interested please e-mail email@example.com or call at 706-548-0625, ext. 3.
Express Office: Athens (Covington)
824 Hawthorne Avenue
Athens, GA 30606