Located in Athens, GA
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and repairs general plumbing components to include toilets, urinals, faucets, hose bibs, and drains.
- Installs, repairs, or replaces domestic hot and cold water lines.
- Repairs and replaces steam to hot water exchangers for major building heating systems and pools.
- Repairs and replaces pneumatic steam valves, radiator valves, traps, and steam and condensate pipes.
- Repairs and replaces domestic hot water heat pumps, chilled water pumps, sump pumps, and sewage pumps.
- Installs, tests, and repairs all sizes of backflow prevention devices.
- Leads troubleshooting efforts and repairs steam, water, and gas distribution systems.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Provides sketches and dimensions used by drafters to create plans for subcontractor work.
- Researches catalogs and vendor services for complex and/or customized system retrofits.
- Interprets and applies mechanical and structural blueprints to plan plumbing repairs and modifications.
- In coordination with management, assigns to and tracks corrective and preventive maintenance tasks given to subordinate plumbers.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Plumbing installation, maintenance, and repair skills.
- Knowledge of steam, water, and natural gas distribution systems maintenance and repair.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to lead others in troubleshooting and emergency repairs.
- Ability to develop and implement planned maintenance programs.
- Ability to read, understands, and follows safety procedures.
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, with possible overtime
If interested please contact Morgann.email@example.com or call at 706-548-0625, ext. 3.
Express Office: Athens (Covington)
824 Hawthorne Avenue
Athens, GA 30606