Member Service Representative/Part Time Teller
Located in Utica, NY
Member Service Representative/Part Time Teller 25 hours per week
Local Credit Union; employer of choice, seeks Part Time candidates who are able to work any schedule between the hours of 7:30am-6:15 (typically 5 hours each day 25 hours per week). This is an every Saturday position (7:30-12:30). This is an entry level position for people with cash handling and customer service. There will be a 2 week training program and the candidate would work 40 hours each of those weeks.
The primary function of this position is to process member transactions in an efficient and accurate manner. To build long term relationships with members one transaction at a time through Member Service Standards. To partner with our financial service representatives to meet our Service Objective, “Putting you first by providing solutions to improve your financial life!” as they assist in educating our members of our products and services.
- Processes transactions, including all types of deposits, withdrawals, money orders, traveler’s checks, loan payments, mail transactions and cash advances. Verifies cash and endorsements, issues receipts, orders checks, and places stop payments on checks for members.
- Provides members with service and information in regard to the services offered by the credit union; researches and solves member questions, problems and complaints.
- Assist the Member Service team meet the goals set in all categories assigned; recognizing opportunities to deepen the relationship by educating the member of additional products and services offered by the credit union.
- Totals member transactions at the end of the day and completes proving report for departmental reporting; prepares and verifies night drop deposit. Maintains cash drawer with a high degree of accuracy.
- Assists with all operational duties, audits, and may shadow new member service reps as requested. Some duties may include the daily reconciling of ATM’s, CDM’s and Negotiables.
- Assist with Safe Deposit access and occasional Greeter Coverage.
- Maintains general working knowledge of products and services offered by the credit union and answers member questions in an informed, service driven, and courteous manner.
- With every transaction, responsible to build awareness of all products and services offered by the credit union.
- Meets referral goals as assigned.
- Required to participate in Credit Union events as well as designated Community events.
- Required to attend or participate in necessary compliance training, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy, OFAC, and Privacy.
- Required to attend training sessions as appropriate.
- Required to travel as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent or prior related experience
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer aptitude
- Professional appearance and ability to work flexible hours
Express Office: Utica/Rome
520 Seneca Street
Utica, NY 13502