Assembly Welder | 2nd and 3rd Shift
Located in Crystal Lake, IL
Established steel fabrication company in Crystal Lake, IL is seeking Assembly Welders to work on 2nd or 3rd Shift. These are a long term, permanent position with a busy, well-respected company.
Assembly Welder Duties:
- Working from a blueprint to perform duties needed to layout, tack, check, and weld assemblies to standard weld specifications to fulfill production schedule requirements.
- Set up welding equipment; use proper wire size, wire feed speed, voltage, and amperage.
- Review and understand standard weld symbols that are used on production drawings.
- Move material to machine disc grind weld areas as necessary.
- Review print, layout piece in fixture, and tack weld assembly pieces in the location specified on the production drawing.
- Check the location of parts that are tack assembled together. Determine that all parts are in their proper place.
- Determine the weld sizes and weld lengths that are required for the job.
- Perform necessary welding operation to standard welding specifications.
Assembly Welder Qualifications:
- 3+ years welding experience (thicker than 1", multiple passes, Flux Core Arc or Gas Metal Arc)
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Ability to read blueprints
Hours: 2nd shift: Monday - Friday | 4 PM - midnight
3rd shift: Monday - Friday | midnight - 8 AM
Four Ways to Apply for this Assembly Welder position: (pick one)
- Email your resume to Emily.Henning@expresspros.com
- Apply online and submit the application to the Crystal Lake, IL location
- Call or text Emily at 815-788-8556
- Visit our office at 580 E Terra Cotta Ave, Crystal Lake, IL
Express Office: Crystal Lake
580 East Terra Cotta Avenue
Crystal Lake, IL 60014