CNC Machine Operator - 2nd shift
Located in Utica, NY
We are currently looking for a second shift CNC Machine Operator in Canastota, NY. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 1-3 years of machining experience, preferably operating a CNC machine. We are primarily looking for a candidate who is a quick learner, is versatile and is hungry for the opportunity to grow with an employee owned company on a long-term basis.
Responsibilities of the CNC Machine Operator:
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
Requirements of the CNC Machine Operator:
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Previous machine operation experience
- Must be self-motivated & have a proven track record of reliability
- Ability to read blueprints, understand how to measure parts accurately, adjust machine offsets and replace tooling when needed
- Ability to follow quality control procedures put in place by production supervisor
- Must have a strong mathematical and mechanical aptitude as well as the ability to multitask
Hours: 3:30pm - 12:00am Monday - Friday with plenty of overtime available.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- Benefits include health insurance package, second shift pay differential, and a monthly bonus package
Pre-employment process includes a drug test.
Please visit www.ExpressMohawkValley.com to apply or contact Express Employment Professionals at (315) 790-5723 for more information.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Office: Utica/Rome
520 Seneca Street
Utica, NY 13502