Lead Packaging Design Opportunity (Direct Hire Position)
Located in Orion, MI
Salary: • Hourly plus overtime; compen
A premier provider of industrial reusable packaging is thriving and in need of an experienced Lead Packaging Designer who has the desire to grow into a Manager for their growing engineering team. Established in 1984 and located near Auburn Hills, MI, this full service organization engineers and manufactures custom, plastic fabricated products for multiple industries.
The Lead Designer is a critical member of the engineering team and responsible for new concept and complex product designs using Solidworks 2017. In addition, the Lead Designer will act as a trainer and mentor to junior designers. Over time, this role will naturally grow into a management position with the need to provide leadership and accountability to the design team.
This is a permanent, direct hire opportunity with a competitive compensation and benefit’s package offered!
- Provide Leadership, Management and Accountability for department
- Review incoming projects and assign within department for best results
- Establish department milestones for each project in order to meet project timing
- Track active project status and report progress in weekly Production Meeting
- Manage execution of all projects to meet timing milestones and budgets set
- Coordinate weekly schedule of department to match company business conditions
- Attend weekly meetings – Engineering, Production, Service, and Job Kickoff
- Responsible for insuring up to date engineering tools and software are being used
- Verify engineering calculations done by mechanical engineering team
- Develop design solutions and validate machines designed by team
- Log and track Engineering Issues and Engineering Change Requests
- Responsible for current standard mechanical designs used for customer solutions
- Provide alternatives for future and improved mechanical components and designs
- Keeps informed of new methods and developments new practices for continuous improvement.
- 5-10 years of design experience, using Solidworks, from concept through completion
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Equivalent preferred
- Thorough understanding of the plastic injection process
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills
- In depth knowledge of engineering principles, techniques, methods
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Ability to work 50-55 hours per week
Compensation & Benefits include:
- Hourly plus overtime; compensation is dependent upon experience and qualifications
- HMO & PPO medical insurance offered through Priority Health; eligible first of the month following 90 days of employment
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Delta Dental, Cigna with STD, LTD and Life Insurance
- Profit sharing bonus
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 weeks’ vacation to start
- Company sponsored parties and events
This is a permanent, direct hire opportunity! If you are qualified and interested in learning more, please forward a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Here at Express Employment Professionals we truly take the time to match you to the right opportunity in a quick and effective manner. See what sets our team apart and view our list of available opportunities at www.expresstroy.com.
Express Office: Rochester Hills
811 E South Boulevard
Rochester Hills, MI 48307