Special Projects - Water Operations Specialist
Located in Madras, OR
One of Jefferson County’s top employers is seeking a Special Projects/Operations Specialist to join their team.
Where You Get To Live!
Madras is the gateway to the Central Oregon region. Surrounded by mountains, lakes and rivers, Jefferson County is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise! Check out the sights and sounds of Madras at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=IHmTD0AYqfE
What You Get To Do!
The Special Projects/Water Operations Specialist works in partnership with the General Manager to plan, direct, manage and oversee assigned projects of varying complexity within the organization. This role will coordinate assigned activities with other departments and external partners and provide administrative and operations support to district management for assigned projects. In partnership with the General Manager this role will assist with implementing Board policies and programs, budget development and review.
- Assist with responding to water order items/issues, regulating water in the conveyance system to meet water supply needs of district water users, and to protect district water rights.
- Assist with the development and implementation of water operations goals, objectives, policies and priorities.
- Use and understand various mapping systems (electronic/paper) as it relates to project requirements.
- Assist with grant writing and reporting for projects requiring grant applications and reporting.
- Investigate and develop methodology, process and procedure for tracking beneficial use of water.
- Review maps, deeds, legal descriptions, land surveys, easements and other technical information as it pertains to property rights and ownership.
- Explain, justify and defend special project operations, programs, policies and activities: negotiate and resolve sensitive and controversial issues.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings: stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of irrigation water distribution.
What You Will Need!
- Bachelor’s in Ag Science, Ag Business or related field preferred.
- Previous experience working with land use, engineering, surveying, construction/excavation, telemetry systems, water rights, GIS/GPS systems, agricultural operations and irrigation water measurement are preferred.
- Ability to obtain an Oregon Class C Driver’s license is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and overall technical savvy
- Desire for a career role with tremendous opportunity for growth
- The ability to work independently and unsupervised in a sometimes stressful work environment.
- Outstanding communication and problem solving skills.
For confidential consideration, please submit resume to: email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702