Admitting Rep Opportunity at St. Charles Health System – All locations
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: $14.56 HR
St. Charles Health System is the largest employer in Central Oregon with four hospitals (Bend, Redmond, Prineville, and Madras) and multiple outpatient clinics. We offer a wide variety of career paths for talented individuals, as well as competitive pay and an excellent benefits package. If you have a passion for delivering exceptional care and service, we invite you to join our team.
Central Oregon offers a unique mix of urban life and small town communities, combined with the best of the great outdoors- world class snow sports at Mt. Bachelor, 500+ miles of Mountain Biking trails, rafting on the Deschutes River, hiking and rock climbing at Smith Rock, and more.
The Patient Access Admitting Representative at St. Charles Health System registers all patients for medical services as ordered by their physician. Provides professional, accurate and timely service within all Admitting functions.
(May perform additional duties of similar complexity within SCHS as required or assigned)
- Functions as a patient representative during registration/interview process.
- Understands how to do RTE (real time eligibility) for insurance benefits.
- Controls the assignment of accurate Medical Record Index and Patient Account reference numbers.
- Performs Bed Control and general office procedures.
- Assists professional staff as requested.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Performs chart processing as needed.
- Collects co-pays and deductibles from patients as requested by Pre-Registration & Financial Counselors.
- Has the ability to back up Financial Counseling staff as needed.
- Valuables will be collected and documented from patients to be placed in the safe when there are no family members to receive them.
Education: High school diploma or GED required. High school or college courses in medical terminology preferred, general/medical office practices preferred.
Personal Protective Equipment: Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.
Experience: Minimum two years general data entry, PC/Windows. Customer Service and collection experience preferred.
This is full time long term temporary position
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702