Located in san rafael, CA
Salary: $20/hr with benefits
Excellent opportunity with well established organization in San Rafael. Evaluation to hire opening with great benefits once hired!
The Maintenance Technician provides facilities support and customer service via completion of general to advanced level tasks, repairs, and preventative maintenance, particularly in incumbent’s area of specialty, of owned and/or leased buildings, equipment, vehicles, and grounds plus coordinates and maintains parts/inventory system, performs project management, assumes some supervisory duties, and completes other duties as assigned and directed.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Performs a variety of advanced-level work in one or more of the trades, such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and HVAC.
• Performs general-advanced level tasks, repairs and preventative maintenance on buildings, equipment, fleet, grounds, and off-site properties.
• Repairs and maintains critical infrastructure equipment required for campus to operate.
• Completes tasks specific to city, state and/or federal requirements or regulations.
• Performs some supervisory duties as directed.
• Mentors Maintenance Technician I and/or II regarding work orders, repairs, technical information, and safety protocols.
• Coordinates various projects from start to finish, including estimating time and material costs, completing all paperwork necessary for approval, and supervising work through completion.
• Coordinates and maintains inventory of commonly used parts and supplies
• Coordinates work of and manages relationships of outside vendors
• Assists other departments with moving, projects and events, as directed
• Orders supplies and procures tools and parts as necessary
• Adheres to our organization's safety policies and procedures and encourages others to do the same. Promptly reports incidents and accidents according to campus procedures.
• Completes other duties as assigned
POSITION ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in plumbing, electrical, carpentry or HVAC maintenance experience; some supervisory experience preferred.
• Proficiency using general power tools, meters, and testing devices
• Able to lift up to 65 lbs.*
• Able to squat, bend, and reach for extended periods
• Able to climb ladders and work on rooftops
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, phone and written, including e-mail); able to follow written and oral instructions; fully understands technical information.
• Team player; independent; good organizational skills; exercises sound judgment and discretion.
• Able to perform basic word processing and database tasks within three months of employment
• Valid driver’s license and insurability at non-risk rates
• High school diploma or equivalent
*Lifting, carrying, or moving of anything – whether animal or object – weighing over 40 lbs. must be accomplished by utilizing two people (except in situations where there’s no reasonable alternative available).
• Full time, non-exempt
• Some weekend, evening, and on-call (24-hour emergency response) work required
Apply immediately for consideration!
Express Office: San Rafael
38 Mitchell Boulevard
San Rafael, CA 94903