Production Packer - 2nd shift
Located in Madison, WI
Position: Production Packer - 2nd Shift
Job Summary: Pack product into specified packaging by reading and following product specification sheets, inspecting the quality of the product, and working efficiently. Duties include:
- Be familiar with and follow safety rules and procedures including safety wear, lockout/tag out, and emergency procedures. Notify a supervisor or production trainer of any safety hazards, or safety suggestions.
- Continually gain knowledge of the products and the production processes. Pack products according to specification sheets by following product specific instructions in detail.
- Each employee is responsible for confirming their knowledge of the daily product requirements by reading the product specification sheet(s) and signing off on them at start-up of the product.
- Continuously monitor the weights (where specified) of products ensuring that they are packed at the specified weights.
- Accurately count and maintain counting multiples while packing products.
- Visually inspect products to ensure they are free of defects. Alert line operator, shift supervisor, shift coordinator, or quality department personnel to product quality issues.
- On external packaging materials, ensure correct tape and labels are used with appropriate positioning per the product specification sheet. MSDS sheets must be included when specified.
- Ensure all products stacked on skids are properly positioned and correctly wrapped to the skid. Skid tags must be accurately and completely filled out.
- Inform Material Handlers about production packaging needs well before packaging is needed. (This helps reduce downtime)
- Perform specified quality checks as required.
- Ensure the daily line packaging reports are completed accurately and completely by the end of the shift. Also make sure the appropriate batch sheet is completed. (If applicable)
- Maintain a neat, orderly and clean department and work environment throughout the shift.
- Assist with the training of new personnel.
- Be flexible in regards to working on multiple production lines on an as needed basis.
- Perform duties as a team member by assisting coworkers as needed.
- Perform overtime and other duties as required.
Location: Madison, WI
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Production experience preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, manual dexterity, and ability to maintain speed in picking of parts is required.
- Basic math skills are required.
- Flexibility, initiative and teamwork are required.
- Must be able to follow directions exactly, and be flexible in daily duties.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and standing for 8 hours is required.
Four Ways to Apply:
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals, including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Let us help you today!
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit https://www.expresspros.com/madisonwi/
Express Office: Madison
1731 Thierer Road
Madison, WI 53704