Senior Cost Analyst
Located in Monroe, GA
Senior Cost Analyst
Full time, Monday-Friday
As a valued member of the Product Cost Management, the Senior Cost Analyst will have an active role working with various Department teams to support; new business quotation preparation, product budgeting, program profit performance analysis and short / long range forecasting. He or she will drive revenue and earnings growth by recommending optimal price quoting decisions to be made by the Sales and Design Engineering teams.
- Review and analyze monthly financial reports by product / product family , and work within the cost mgt system data & by Cross Functional Team communication, to identify causes of cost variances between budget targets & actuals
- Develop short and long range product & product family profit forecasts and projections
- Support Finance & Accounting and Operations Depts in the preparation and review of the semi-annual operating budget with a focus on target setting to insuring program total lifetime profit achievement.
- Support internal review meetings of product costs and profitability, in order to gain approval of stakeholders
- Develop ad-hoc pricing and cost reports and financial models for management as requested
- Facilitate regular cross-functional reviews of product costs and profitability, and coordinate with the sales, purchasing, product management, production engineering, and operations teams to ensure optimal pricing & profitability throughout product life cycles
- Analyze the actual vs. targeted costs and benefits of investments
- Advise upper management on the profitability of lines of business and products
- Analyze changes in product design, materials and manufacturing methods, to determine the impact on product costs and period profitability
- Strong participation & support of program Cross Functional Teams & related company departments (logistics, production, engineering, sales, procurement and information technology)
- Follow relevant policies and procedures so that work is carried out in controlled manner.
- Develop a positive and effective working relationship with members of the domestic Corporate & Global product teams responsible for sales, engineering & cost planning / mgt
Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or above in a financial or technical field of study.
- Minimum 5 years of experience related to the areas of cost accounting, or engineering cost control & price est. is required.
- Cost accounting, engineering standards costing or product cost est. experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong cost management systems application usage and excellent analytical skills. Cost mgt. systems programming / maintenance capability is a plus
- Advanced Excel database skills, along with good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Project and other programs in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to plan, organizes, and effectively communicates to and within all levels of management and program cross-functional teams
- Experience with NPV calculations, breakeven analysis, profit forecasting
- Experience with reading / understanding technical documents, root cause analysis, process capability, cycle times and capacity planning is preferred
- Automotive industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Available for infrequent domestic & overseas business travel.
Working Conditions: Pleasant office environment, primarily; Moderately loud manufacturing environment, secondary.
Express Office: Athens (Covington)
824 Hawthorne Avenue
Athens, GA 30606