Located in Poulsbo, WA
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Engineering field; Five (5) years’ experience or equivalent of education and experience;
- Proficiency in MasterCam.
- Must possess a US government clearance
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software;
- Must be able to model parts (MasterCam, SolidWorks, or equivalent), program parts in MasterCam, and measure parts on PCDMAIS controlled CMM.
Accountable to the Plant Manager for overall operations and profitability of the Machine Shop.
- Using SolidWorks, or MasterCam, design models of components from drawings, for use in manufacturing and measuring parts. Parts are typically one off, and/or extremely low volume.
- Evaluate existing drawings for technical accuracy and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Provide feedback to the customer when customer drawings do not meet standards for product. Obtain waivers or drawing corrections to ensure provided components meet customers need.
- Using computer models, develop programs for cutting parts utilizing MasterCam, for a 3 axis CNC Mazak Mil.
- Evaluate existing programs for improvement in toolpath or other increase in efficiencies to maximize production.
- Evaluate and provide input for tooling needs based on feeds & speeds , materials, and toolpaths.
- Develop any necessary fixturing needed for manufacturing parts.
- Maintain adequate file systems, both classified and
- Operate 3 axis Mazak CNC mill to produce parts utilizing MasterCam output files.
- Maintain part security as required by classification under the guidance of the Facility Security Officer.
- Maintain proper records for part production and provide schedules and status of progress.
- Maintain adequate files for components, on both classified and unclassified systems, depending on classifications, and under the guidance of the Facility Security Officer.
- Develop and maintain schedules showing status and progress of machine shop production.
- Evaluate tooling and consumables for machine shop needs and request materials in advance to preclude delays.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop and/or improve machine shop processes to increase efficiencies and maximize production. Provide input to Plant Manager on ideas for improvements.
Express Office: Bremerton
4545 Auto Center Way
Bremerton, WA 98312