Located in Augusta, GA
Salary: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
Under general supervision, perform both airless and air actuated spray painting applications to both internal and exterior surfaces and structures. The company will assess your skills during the interview process.
The Painter prepares surfaces for painting and finishing; applies primers and finish coats using the full range of application methods and materials; mixes and matches paints with required catalysts, thinners and activators. Perform blast cleaning as required when necessary. Knowledge of chopper gun applications of fiberglass and polyester resins is an additional benefit. Work performed under roof with some field work possibilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares, primes, sands, seals, patches and paints flat and round steel plate materials, both structural and non-structural part surfaces utilizing all types of painting materials such as enamels, epoxies, polyesters, red oxides, potable water, jet fuel, and heat resistant finishes.
- Tapes, stripes, repairs paint coatings as required to produce and adequate finished product.
- Maintains and repairs airless and air assisted painting equipment as necessary.
- Erects scaffolding, rigging and ladders as necessary in a manner consistent with safety codes.
- Must be able to fill out records that contain the temperature of atmosphere, metal substrate, blast profile, humidity and paint thickness readings after each paint applications.
- Must be able to read and understand painting specification and paint manufacturers application guidelines to properly mix, apply and clean equipment after each application.
- Reads and understands blueprint requires for the paint applied.
- Must be able to work and paint in tight confined spaces when necessary and use safety equipment properly.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- One year or more related experience and/or training in painting application specifics.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Be able to operate an overhead crane within OSHA safety guidelines.
- Must be able to learn how to operate other Production Machinery, ability/desire to cross train
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Record and verify inventory usage.
- Mark and sort cut pieces according to drawings when necessary.
- Keep paint inventory neat and organized for easy counting and usage in the future.
- Wearing the proper safety equipment
- Perform necessary Preventative Maintenance on Production Equipment
Please complete an online application at https://www.expresspros.com/augustaga/ and send your resume in Word Format to Jobs.AugustaGA@ExpressPros.com.
Once application is complete, call our office.
Express Office: Augusta
808 Greene Street
Augusta, GA 30901