Software Support and Training Support
Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $16.00 ti $17.00 hr
Currently recruiting for a Software Support and Training Support Tech…
Evaluation Hire, Permanent, Full Time position Pay: $16.00 to $17.00 hr
Our client partners with their customers to design and implement automated retail management systems, to provide increased sales, improved inventory control, greater efficiency and higher profits. They help to boost sales, profits and efficiency and specialize in retail, wholesale, mail order, e-commerce and general accounting office automation.
- Provide both support and training to retail store customers that use flagship POS Software as well as various other software and computer equipment.
- You may need to help out a customer for an emergency (that might be during evenings, weekends or in extreme cases, holidays).
- This position also travels (anywhere within the US) for equipment installations and training.
- Providing support to users by assisting with problems / issues that they are not able to resolve.
- Supporting, troubleshooting and resolving hardware issues related to: POS registers and peripherals, Mobile Devices, PCs, Servers, Printers, etc.
- Supporting, troubleshooting and resolving software issues for Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- Training users on the various features and functions of NCR CounterPoint POS Software.
System implementation planning and execution.
- Understanding database concepts
- Inputting tickets in our ConnectWise software in order to maintain customer records.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Have great communication skills, both verbal and written, is detail oriented, and is able to work with a variety of users at all levels.
- Multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
- A strong business acumen and inquisitive mind
- Knowledge of networking as it pertains to all aspects of desktop support is a plus: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Wireless (802.11a/b/g).
- Knowledge in Windows OS, email, and Microsoft applications.
- Retail technology background.
- Knowledge of SQL
- NCR CounterPoint software experience
- LabTech Experience
- Accounting software experience.
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in field of Technology (or equivalent experience)
Pay and Benefits
Our client offers a benefits package (after you are hired on) with:
- Health and Dental Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Vacation and Personal Time Off
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 hr to start
Shift: Full Time; 8:30am – 5pm with a half hour lunch.
The Virginia Beach Express Employment Professionals office has placed over 3,500 qualified candidates with local Virginia Beach area companies. The majority of our positions are PERMANENT positions, although temporary positions are also available. We are a great resource for job seekers, and there is never a fee to our applicants for our services.
Express Employment Professionals was founded in 1983 and today employs hundreds of thousands of people, with over 750 franchise locations worldwide. Express also offers affordable health insurance to qualified employees and their families.
Please email your up to date resume (in a normal Word Document or other editable format; no links please) to: email@example.com and include the job title (Software Support/Training Tech, K138) on the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact you to continue the screening/interview process.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455