Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $60,000 + yr
Geotechnical Engineer Direct Hire position
Direct Hire, Permanent position.
Pay: $60,000+ yr salary
Benefits include health and dental insurance coverage and 401(k) program.
Our client a professional engineering firm has an immediate opening for a mid-level Geotechnical Engineer in Virginia Beach, VA.
This client provides consulting services in Environmental Engineering; Groundwater Resources; Hazardous Materials; Environmental Compliance & Management; Geotechnical Engineering; Industrial/Mechanical Related Services’ Disaster Planning & Management; Indoor Air Quality; Industrial Hygiene; and Training.
- planning and management of subsurface investigations, management of consultants and subcontractors,
- performing geotechnical analyses (shallow and deep foundations, pavements, slope stability, earth retention, etc.),
- preparing geotechnical engineering reports, providing field observations during construction, preparing fee proposals and qualification packages, and geotechnical related marketing and business development.
Minimum requirements include:
- BS degree from an ABET accredited engineering program,
- Professional Engineer registration in Virginia, 5+ yrs experience in geotechnical engineering practice,
- Knowledge of geotechnical computation methods including analysis software, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with DOD and transportation projects a plus.
- The selected candidate must have the ability to obtain clearance to access secure government installations.
- US citizenship required.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
Express Employment Professionals is a leading recruiter and staffing provider in the U.S., Canada and South Africa. Every day, we help job seekers find work and help businesses find qualified employees. Founded in 1983, Express today employs hundreds of thousands of people, with over 750 franchise locations worldwide. Our long-term goal is at the heart of our company's vision, to help as many people as possible find good jobs by helping as many clients as possible find good people. The Virginia Beach Express office has placed over 3,500 qualified candidates with local Virginia Beach area companies. There is never a fee to our applicants.
TO APPLY: please email your up to date resume (in a normal Word Document or other editable format; no links please) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title (Engineer, K136) on the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact you to continue the screening/interview process.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455