Heavy Equipment Operators
Located in Hamilton, ON
Our client is a processor of steelmaking slag located within a major steel plant in Hamilton Ontario.
We are currently recruiting for Heavy Equipment Operators that will become an integral part of their slag processing team.
After successfully completing your probation period, you will be hired on fulltime and be eligible for company paid benefits.
Here is What You Will Be Doing
- Entry level position will be an operator operating a slag crushing and screening plant. This will involve some labor work, (plant clean-up)
- After a 90 day probation period, you will be trained to operate heavy equipment.
- Load and transport slags and by-products.
- Clean-up under conveyor systems, yard maintenance and support plant shutdown
- Heavy Equipment to be operated includes:
- Small and Large Loaders
- Slag Pot Carriers
- Zoom Boom (Forklift)
- Water Truck
Are you Qualified?
- Must have a valid G license with a clean Driver’s Abstract
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience operating heavy equipment
- Desire to learn, openness, adaptability and the ability to apply what you learn
- Self-motivated, results driven and a team player.
- Must be physically fit
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Starting hourly rate of $ 18.10/hour than 25.98/hour
- At times this can be a harsh work environment in terms of weather and heat
- Must be able to commit to working variable hour and shift schedule (continental 12 Hour shifts)
If you think you have what it takes to deliver on this opportunity, apply in confidence by sending your resume to:
Phone: (905) 528-7744
Fax: (905) 528-7289
Express is a Full Service Human Resources Centre. If you do not possess the above skill set but would like to explore other opportunities we may have, please submit your resume specifying the career opportunities that would be of interest to you.
Express Office: Hamilton
151 York Boulevard
Hamilton, ON L8R 3M2