Located in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta, GA (Midtown)
Seeking a Junior Trader to join Atlanta-based asset management firm. In this role, you will be responsible for portfolio trading across multiple disciplines, both domestic and international. This is an excellent opportunity to join a high-energy, entrepreneurial culture that values individuals who exhibit a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn, and desire to achieve.
- Execute trades in an effective manner ensuring best execution and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- A successful candidate will have a command of the public markets, possess the ability to assess and evaluate market news and data, and be able to provide portfolio managers with ongoing information about market sentiment, trading environment, trading volume, price volatility, etc.
- Generate and maintain all trade related reporting functions.
- Monitor portfolio, trades and risk metrics.
- Manage allocations across funds in accordance with compliance procedures.
- Interact and build relationships with sales traders and service providers.
- Liaise with internal settlement teams to ensure all operational tasks are covered.
- Recommend and support implementation and documentation of process changes in the trading area to increase efficiency.
- Build and maintain automated tools to improve the speed and accuracy of the Trading team and the firm.
- Complete all other relevant tasks issued by Head Trader.
- Previous experience with wrap / separately managed account trading and related portfolio management and administration activities is a plus.
- Bachelors and/or advanced degree in Finance, Economic, Mathematics, or related discipline.
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast-paced environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Risk awareness and strict attention to procedural adherence is a must.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated a commitment to adhering to the highest standards of professional ethics.
- Hard working and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- The successful candidate should be able to contribute immediately.
- Familiarity with standard market platforms such as Bloomberg, FactSet and Charles River.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Candidates with the ability to program and create automated tools are highly preferred.
Express Office: Atlanta (Buckhead)
3525 Piedmont Road Northeast
8 Piedmont Center
Atlanta, GA 30305