Export Documentation Specialist
Located in Virginia Beach, VA
Salary: $15.00 hr
The Virginia Beach Express Employment Professionals office has placed over 3,500 qualified candidates with local Virginia Beach area companies. The majority of our positions are PERMANENT positions, although temporary positions are also available. We are a great resource for job seekers, and there is never a fee to our applicants for our services. Express also offers affordable health insurance for employees and their families.
Our client, an import/export business in Virginia Beach, is looking for an Export Documentation Specialist to assist in processes of the business.
This position is responsible for tracking shipping instructions for the production group to process and the timely and accurate return of bills of lading for Grimaldi WAF, MED and SAM services. . The position is also responsible for auditing of data content and making minor changes prior to release of bill of lading. Liaising with customers when required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor bookings of upcoming shipments through system generated reports
- Trace missing documents with customers prior to vessel closing to ensure timely document turn time
- Maintain logs to include time/date of receipt of shipping instructions and time/date of return of bill of lading to customer
- Audit data content and terms of payment
- Release bills back to customer within established standards including special requirements for high priority accounts.
- Verify customer credit with company utilizing report from Accounts Receivable
- G .Correspond with Company and Grimaldi WAF agents to solve problems and ensure timely and accurate release of cargo.
- Distribute correction voucher updates to customers as needed.
- All other documentation and customer service related duties as assigned by the team leader /manager
- Communicate in writing with appropriate groups regarding customer problems.
- Identify and suggest corrective actions to reduce errors
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of export documentation and transshipment procedures
- Customer service minded
- High school education
- Adaptable to change
Shift: Mon – Fri, 8:30am to 5:00pm (7.5 hours a day with a 1 hr lunch...a normal week is 37.5 hrs total)
Pay: $15.00 hr
Permanent, Evaluation Hire position
TO APPLY: please email an up to date resume (in a Word Document or other editable format such as a PDF) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title (Export Documentation Specialist, B127) on the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact you to continue the screening/interview process.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455