Machine Operator/Industrial Cook
Located in Waukesha, WI
Position: Machine/Industrial Cook Operator
Job Summary: This position is mainly responsible for the safe and efficient operation of process equipment and packaging equipment from start-up to shut-down for processing and packaging of food resulting in safe quality food for human consumption. The mixing and cooking of candy recipes may also be a part of this job.
- Change programs/parameters in chocolate tempering machines, depositors, enrobers and various machines related to, checkweighing, coding, packaging, filming, bagging, taping, etc.
- Assemble pipes, pumps and kettle parts to be used for cooking/mixing candy recipes and other equipment related to the depositing, coating and forming of various candy products, often using common hand tools.
- Follow recipes to weigh ingredients, use equipment to mix and cook, and use instruments to measure temperature, viscosity and brix.
- Use PPE for various tasks related to cooking and operating equipment.
- Comply with good manufacturing practices and using standard operating procedures when processing, depositing, extruding and enrobing various candy products according to the production schedule to meet customer demand.
- Inspecting food materials prior to and during use to prevent introduction of foreign materials and prevent food safety risks and substandard quality products made or packaged in our facilities.
- Training new permanent and temporary employees.
- Training for safe practices in accordance with all company guidelines/policies related to personal safety, food safety, quality and efficiency.
- Giving direction to new permanent employees and temporary employees to perform tasks according to their supervisor’s direction.
- Correct nonconforming performance to prevent immediate personal and food safety risks.
- Alert supervisors or management of nonconforming behavior/activities that violate company guidelines/policies.
- Planning and prioritizing work activities for efficiency, quality and safe execution of the schedule production and all other assigned work.
- Promote an atmosphere that builds the team by continuously improving job skills and giving people positive feedback.
- Collaborate with internal, (and occasionally external), customers and vendors for effective completion of scheduled and unscheduled production. This includes but is not limited to other cooks/machine operators, management, maintenance personnel, supervisors, QA, Inventory control, temp agency representatives and warehouse/shipping personnel.
- Communicate with other team members in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Completing all required paperwork.
- Work all line worker positions as needed when not cooking or operating machines or when help is needed on the lines due to a lack of staffing or surges in production volume.
- Use rework as soon as possible and in accordance with company guidelines and policies.
- Enter all necessary production data into the computer system.
- Use electric pallet movers, hand operated pallet jacks, barrel moving equipment and forklifts. (After appropriate training)
- Ensure that all food containers are tagged correctly with Description, LOT, Item Number and quantity.
- Keep all utensils, containers and other food contact surfaces clean and sanitary.
- Preventing cross contamination between allergens and between food contact and non-food contact surfaces.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision and/or management, including but not limited to, cleaning, operating power equipment, taking inventory, various inspections and attending meetings and training events.
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Schedule: 1st Shift, Monday – Thursday with OT on Fridays
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education: Minimum of high school diploma or GED or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Familiarity with HACCP, GMPs, SQF as part of GFSI, Allergens and Personal Protective Equipment after being trained.
Four Ways to Apply:
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express can help you find the type of job that is a perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you’ll never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals, including Administrative, Commercial, and Professional positions. Let us help you today!
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit https://www.expresspros.com/madisonwi/
Express Office: Madison
1731 Thierer Road
Madison, WI 53704