Head Baker/Pastry Chef
Located in San Rafael, CA
HEAD BAKER NEEDED FOR MULITPLE LOCATIONS!
EXCELLENT COMPANY! GREAT OPPORTUNITY! GREAT TEAM!
PENINSULA LOCATIONS IN BAY AREA - SAN CARLOS, MENLO PARK, AND SAN JOSE - HEAD BAKERS AND ASSISTANT HEAD BAKER OPPORTUNITIES OPEN!
COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND EXCELLENT BENEFITS!
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Ensure that quality culinary products are produced and served to guests. Identify problems and resolve them quickly and efficiently, maintaining a level head and delegating multiple kitchen tasks simultaneously. Participate in the execution of baked goods preparation and production at a consistently high level.
- Train and retain qualified team members
- Ensure quality standards and controls are in compliance with company guidelines.
- Purchase, receive and store ingredients and paper goods.
- Meet and/or exceed the local and federal food handling standards to ensure that the kitchen and the food storage areas in compliance.
- Maintain adequate inventory levels of in process and finished products to minimize bakery food product outages.
- Conduct daily physical inventory inspections to identify waste and shrinkage.
- Prepare, produce and decorate baked goods based on business demands and business objectives.
- Ensure that recipes are followed 100% of the time and that all tastes profiles are appropriate.
- Collaborate with the General Manager and Guest Services team members on guest requests and orders.
- Utilize corporate resources as needed (i.e. Human Resources, Finance, Culinary Operations etc.)
- Ensure proper safety procedures are being followed
- Manage unscheduled bakery maintenance as needed
- Prepare for and recover from peak guest demands by adjusting labor plan and deployment as necessary
- Receive and transfer supplies between locations in accordance with company procedures
- Communicate all assignments to team members
- Cross-train team members and develop/maintain an effective cross-training program
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures
- Notify HR of all personnel problems, grievances or potential issues
- Maintain a work environment free of harassment and hostility
- Set a good performance example for team members to follow
- Reinforce marketing initiatives and monthly specials with team members
- Proficient in all the roles and responsibilities in the Culinary department and capable of training team members.
- Execute the product offerings to the exacting standards of the recipe satisfaction.
- Works effectively in a matrixed environment based on achieving total – guest satisfaction philosophy
- Demonstrates high ethical standards and personal integrity to build credibility with the Senior Leadership Team and other members of the management team
- Effectively influences outcomes of key business issues internally and externally
- Demonstrates commitment to growing bakery sales
- Remains objective and fact-based during emotional discussions requiring high profile decisions
- Influences decisions that are either information-based and/or practical for the bakery
- Makes complex business decisions an appropriate sense of urgency
- Sets specific, challenging and achievable objectives and action plans based on thorough analysis and views them as commitments to be achieved
- Identifies key objectives by developing and implementing an action plan to achieve them
- One year of supervisory and/or team leader bakery experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong organizational capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage with minimal supervision
- Exposure to financial controls and accountabilities
- Proven track record of operations competency in a fast-pace, rapidly changing, and fiercely competitive environment utilizing innovative tactical solutions
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate degree in Culinary, Baking or Pastry Arts preferred
ServSafe Food Handler Certification
Please apply immediately for consideration!
Express Office: San Rafael
38 Mitchell Boulevard
San Rafael, CA 94903