Located in Redding, CA
Reputable Law firm is seeking an experienced Legal Secretary to join their thriving Downtown Redding Office. The ideal legal secretary candidate must have significant civil litigation experience and ability to track and monitor needs for individual cases. Candidate must have a positive attitude, work well with staff and attorneys, be detail oriented, demonstrate the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and possess strong communication skills - preferably in a small or mid-sized law firm environment.
• Preparing correspondence, legal documents, pleadings, etc.
• Calendaring Organizing and maintaining case files and trial binders
• Inputting dates in calendar, printing calendars and managing deadlines for attorneys.
• Proofing, finalizing and sending correspondence, reports, budgets.
• Finalizing, filing and serving motions, pleadings and discovery.
• Scheduling of depositions, meetings, court calls, court dates, etc.
• Must have 2+ years of Legal Secretary experience
• Must have a stable background
• Must have a thorough knowledge of state and Federal court filing requirements, including experience with e-filing
• Must have strong knowledge of calendaring (i.e. court rules, dates, procedures)
• Experienced with Federal and California filing/E-filing procedures
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work under pressure, self-reliant and can prioritize workload
• Must be organized
Job Type: Full-time
Qualified applicants E-mail your resume to Jobs.ReddingCA@Expresspros.com Attn: Heather Sharp.
Express Office: Redding
2697 Victor Avenue
Redding, CA 96002