Cell Tower Services Technician
Located in Grand Rapdis, MI
Job Summary: Our client that specializes in the installation and maintenance of telecommunications equipment for the nation’s largest cellular service providers has immediate openings for Tower Hands to work in the Michigan/Indiana market. This is a direct hire position. Tower Hands must be able to lift 75 pounds on a regular basis and able to work at tall heights up to 300 feet. This labor intensive position requires the ability to maintain a safe working environment while withstanding extreme weather elements such as rain, snow, and heat. The Tower Hand will climb towers, record measurements, install antenna’s lines, and RRH, record data and submit via electronic report, and assist with technical testing. The company will train on-the-job and provide safety certifications through its in-house training program. Tower Hands work several hours of overtime and overnight travel is required. The ideal candidate will be a Midwest resident able to work on the road.
- Competitive pay including consistent overtime – based on experience, valid driver’s license, and attitude.
- Weekly Per Diem – 1 week advance after 1st work day
- Profit-Sharing Bonuses Paid Quarterly
- Earn Paid Vacation
- Home Most Weekends
- Matching 401k Retirement Plan
- 90-day and 9-month Retention and Referral Bonuses
- Company-paid lodging for crew
- Company-provided Personal Protective Equipment
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Health Benefits including Dental and Vision.
Location: Michigan/Indiana Territory
Position Type: Direct Hire
Pay: Starting pay is $14.00/hr with the ability to make up to $17.00/hr in 6 to 9 months and up to $19.00/hr in a year.
Schedule: Crews are on the road for typically 5 weeks at a time and every 6th week off. Depending on work flow and business demands typically crews have the opportunity to go home at least one or two weekends during the 5-week period as well.
- General mechanical ability and use of hand tools
- A positive “can-do” attitude and
- Physical ability to spend days climbing and working at heights
- Must be able to learn quickly and take direction from supervisors
- Ability to get the job done when working in harsh weather conditions
- No experience necessary – will train on the job
- Company provides all safety certifications
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) preferred, but not required.
Three Ways To Apply: (choose one)
- Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our office 616-281-0611
- Visit our office 1760 44th Street SW, Suite 10. Inside the Chateau Centre.
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express Employment Professionals is a staffing development agency assisting businesses in attracting and developing top talent. Since opening in Grand Rapids in 1996, Express has put over 20,000 people to work right here in our community. Express can help you find a job that is the perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you will never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you are looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express has a wide range of jobs available including Administrative, Light Industrial, Skilled Trades, and Professional positions through evaluation-hire, contract, and direct hire opportunities. Let us help you today!
The Express team in Grand Rapids is a Certified Veteran-Friendly Employer through the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency. We are committed to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com/GrandRapidsMI/Job-Openings.aspx.
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519