Senior Lab Chemist
Located in London,ON
Our client company is a world-leading synthetic rubber company with sales of around EUR 2.8 billion in 2015, about 3,800 employees and a presence at 20 production sites in nine countries.
Position Title: Senior Lab Chemist – New PhD Grads welcome!
Location: London, ON
Department: TS&D R&D NAFTA
- D. in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Excellent laboratory skills with experience in operating a glovebox
- Ability to multi task; excellent computer & organizational skills
- Ability to make independent technical decisions based on lab results/data
- Carry out low temperature polymerizations and halogenation of butyl rubber, as well as interpreting analytical spectra and other functional laboratory operations such as rubber compounding and
- Physical testing in order to support process improvements and increase the competitiveness of our Global Butyl manufacturing.
- Initiate and carry out process improvement projects
- Provide flexible and timely responses for manufacturing requests/troubleshooting – planning and executing focused lab work within tight timelines
- Analyze data & document in reports/ presentations
- Lab chemical database/MSDS & inventory & ordering – accountability for laboratory operations
Express Office: London
300 Dundas Street
London, ON N6B 1T6