Hazmat Compliance Specialist
Located in Irving, TX
Position Title: Hazmat Transportation Compliance Specialist
Hazardous Materials Transportation Compliance Specialist
Ensures regulatory compliance to prevent loss of life and property, to prevent fines for non-compliance and to protect the environment with the use of 49 CFR (parts 100-185) and International Maritime Dangerous Good Code.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs on a frequent and/or recurring basis:
- Receives documentation via email from customers.
- Prints and reviews documentation for regulatory compliance.
- Keys various elements of data from documentation into HMM operating system (GAUS).
- Organizes and tracks multiple ongoing issues and communicates with Customer Service Centers to ensure regulatory compliance from shippers.
- Monitors, plans, coordinates, and maintains hazardous material activities for domestic and international shipments to include reviewing documentation, approving hazmat applications, uploading and downloading documentation into and from HMM database. Also routes and tracks shipments, prepares reports and ensures compliance with foreign and domestic transportation laws and regulations.
- Coordinates with all applicable vessel owners, load ports, transit ports and regulatory bodies the loading and transit of all Hazardous Materials.
- Interfaces with internal and external worldwide operations and organizations on a daily basis to ensure excellent service for customers.
- Provides customers with knowledge of hazardous material regulations to guarantee safe transport of goods. Performs follow up with customers concerning documentation discrepancy issues with the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers globally.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Strong consideration will be given to applicants with shipping industry experience and/or knowledge of hazmat regulations.
High School diploma or GED required
Some college preferred
ENVIRONMENT/ EQUIPMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Normal office environment; uses computer, calculator, telephone, fax, copy machine, printer, and document shredder.
Nothing in this position description restricts management''s right to assign or reassign essential and non-essential duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Please forward resumes to Mari Alba at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow up with a phone call for an interview to (972) 258-4981 ext. 223
Express Office: Irving (Dallas Metro)
4070 North Belt Line Road
Irving, TX 75038