Located in Irving, TX
Sales Administrative Assistant
SECTION I: GENERAL OVERVIEW AND REPORTING
The Sales Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing administrative tasks associated with the sales/executive team, including data tracking and compilation, report generation, customer event administration (i.e. travel coordination for attendees, report generation, name tags), management of databases, and other duties, as assigned. This position reports directly to the VP/National Sales Manager.
SECTION II: DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The primary duties of the Sales Administrative Assistant consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
Sales & Field Tech Support:
- Tracking and administration of the Company’s sales initiatives
- Assist Regional Sales Managers with sales-related information tracking
- Prepare forms for semi-annual sales reviews and coordinate schedule and practical arrangements
- Track annual Commercial Excellence statistics and provide regular reports to VP/National Sales Manager and Regional Sales Managers
- Create & update various sales & marketing reports
- Administer monthly Prospect Report for VP/National Sales Manager
- Field Sales & Technical Dept. – calendar reporting
- Manage Distributor, Rep and Warehouse agreements
- Manage any rebate agreement paperwork and year-end documentation
Sales-related Events (i.e. Plant & AP Tours, etc.) Coordinate Plant Tours (as scheduled)
- Coordinate invitation process, update plant tour database, track responses, phone follow-ups, arrange travel (including flight reservations), coordinate hotel meeting facilities, create name badges
- Prepare and ship supplies, coordinate with plant personnel concerning meal planning, etc.
Track and maintain CEU credits for all Continuing Education class certifications, including the preparation of certificates
- Manage attendee follow-up communications, including attendee survey
- Assist with other special sales events Handle travel coordination for attendees for various sales-related events throughout the year and annual off-site sales meeting If requested, provide on-site assistance at sales meeting and/or customer events
Other Administrative Duties:
- Perform administrative duties as requested by President and Vice President/National Sales Manager, such as letters, reports, presentations, etc.
- Sales letters as requested by Liquids, Lightweight, and Specialty Product Managers.
- Production of RFP packages as requested
- Maintain legal files, including summary reports
- Coordinate travel arangements as requested, air travel, vehicle rental, hotel accommodations, etc. for out-of-town guests
Front Desk coverage:
- Act as 4th level phone/door backup during absences
- Provide administrative support or other tasks as assigned
Continuing Education Support (following established work instructions)
- Distribute AIA and RCI (roofing industry-related organizations) sign in sheets to employees giving a seminar.
- Submit completed Attendance Records to the AIA.
- Prepare Certificates of Completion as requested
- File e-mails and updates from AIA.
- Submit Form A to AIA for approval
- Submit protocol information to RCI for new presentation approval
SECTION III: NECESSARY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum Associates degree, bachelors degree preferred (or extensive equivalent work experience)
- Proven solid business writing skills (correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.)
- Demonstrated proofreading proficiency (will be tested)
- Solid work history and dependability 5+ years office experience required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both in person and over the phone)
- Proven advanced level proficiency with 2013 MS Excel (spreadsheet & formula creation, VLookup, Pivot table, etc.) - Required
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with 2013 MS Office (Word & PowerPoint) - Required
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Minimum 45 wpm typing skills required
- Proven experience with detail-oriented tasks
- Superb organizational and problem-resolution skills
- Travel planning abilities Ability to multi-task (handle multiple projects)
- Successful experience participating in teams
- Resourcefulness to work independently
- Ability to effectively manage stress Minimum High School Diploma or GED required
SECTION IV: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work in a sitting position for long periods of time
- Ability to travel unassisted if needed (less than 10%)
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, and files
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions
- Ability to bend, pull, crouch, and reach to perform filing functions
- Ability to hear and speak on the phone
- Must be able to lift boxes, etc., up to 30 lbs.
Express Office: Irving (Dallas Metro)
4070 North Belt Line Road
Irving, TX 75038