Logistics & Spare Parts Supervisor
Located in Irving, TX
Logistics & Spare Parts Supervisor
Direct Hire 65k-73k DOE
Growing company in Irving has an immediate Direct Hire opening for a Logistics & Spare Parts Supervisor.
This role is responsible for the supervision and direction of the warehouse, shipping/receiving and spares team. Responsible for inventory accuracy for local and offsite warehouses and all warehouse functions, including shipping, receiving, work order processing, Sales Order / Distribution Order processing (timely) and cost effective delivery for systems and spares.
Key Responsibilities, Activities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for coordinating shipments based on input from Project Management, Production and Planning; communication with customer regarding sorter shipment readiness.
- Manage third party logistics suppliers and provide paperwork needed (Commercial Invoice, shipping instructions) etc. to third party logistics providers & prepare systems for shipping.
- Coordination of logistics for PO drops shipments from DLR suppliers.
- Provide shipment quotations to sales and bid team staff.
- Maintain organization, records, and accuracy for local production warehouse and offsite storage.
- Planning and execution of Annual Physical Inventory.
- Cycle counts and location audits to support accuracy.
- Review stock holdings to identify scrap/rework opportunities.
- Receiving materials from purchase orders & stocking materials in an organized safe manner.
- Reporting and reconciling discrepancies with Purchasing and Accounts Payable as necessary.
- Ensure that materials are accurately pulled and processed for sales orders and distribution orders.
- Responsible for maintaining supply levels to support shipping and warehouse requirements.
- Manage warehouse organization, housekeeping and inventory stock levels for business requirements to support day-to-day workflow and target 100% on time deliveries.
- Interface with other departments to resolve design, obsolescence and lead time issues.
- Prepare KPI, Business Analysis monthly reports and annual spare part pricing structure.
- Resolve customer problems to restore and promote excellent customer service.
- Coordinate with finance to update pricing module as required by customer demand.
- Analyze warranty claims and recommend investigations based on reoccurrences and trends.
- Evaluate system BOMs, prepare initial spare part recommendations and investigate field returns to identify any supplier/manufacturing issues.
- Maintain up to date procedures and work instructions; participate in Internal Audits for Management System.
- Set Employees goals daily/weekly/monthly and provide KPIs for Spares, Shipping/Receiving
- Conduct bi-weekly one on one meeting with team / document employee performance reviews.
- Support ISO 9001 activities and seek continued improvement of procedures and practices that reduce costs, while maintaining or enhancing customer satisfaction, quality, and service.
- Maintain compliance with company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education preferred in the field of logistics, warehouse, or supply chain management.
- Minimum of 5 years logistics, warehouse, or supply chain management experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of shipping practices and required paperwork, including international shipping;
- APICS / Dangerous Goods certifications preferred.
- Experienced professional with a proven track record of continuous improvement. Exhibit knowledge with the most common lean tools such as value stream mapping, pull systems, one piece flow for both production and paperwork, mistake proofing processes, level scheduling, visual factory, etc.
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Power Point.
- High level understanding of MRP/DRP/ERP systems, QAD MFG/Pro preferred.
- Work closely with Production, Planning, Quality, Engineering, Project Management, Technical Support, Finance, Human Resources and other departments as necessary.
* To apply for this position submit resume to email@example.com
Express Office: Irving (Dallas Metro)
4070 North Belt Line Road
Irving, TX 75038