Purchasing Administrative Assistant
Located in Grand Rapids,MI
A gourmet food distribution company in Grand Rapids, MI is seeking a Purchasing Administrative Assistant. This position is responsible for the selection and procurement functions directly associated with the Company's needs for product and services. This position will consist of supporting the Purchasing team with heavy administrative tasks and providing clerical support to assist with managing the fulfillment related tasks including purchase requests and inventory tracking for a large key account. This position will be responsible for monitoring, documenting, and verifying products that are in transition in and out of the warehouse, as well as managing vendor communications to ensure quality and timely delivery of purchases are processed accordingly. This candidate must have excellent technical aptitude, phone and email communication skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to multitask and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Position Type: Full-time, Evaluation Hire
Pay: $14 to $16 an hour, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Previous experience in an office environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Administrative, organizational, planning and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Time management skills to organize daily planning and monthly activities and meet deadlines.
- Customer service skills to interact effectively with employees and outside customers
- Shift priorities quickly without losing attention to detail
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) preferred, but not required
Three Ways To Apply: (choose one)
- Resumes may be emailed to Mina.email@example.com
- Call our office 616-281-0611
- Visit our office 1760 44th Street SW, Suite 10. Inside the Chateau Centre.
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express Employment Professionals is a staffing development agency assisting businesses in attracting and developing top talent. Since opening in Grand Rapids in 1996, Express has put over 20,000 people to work right here in our community. Express can help you find a job that is the perfect fit for your needs and abilities, and you will never pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you are looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express has a wide range of jobs available including Administrative, Light Industrial, Skilled Trades, and Professional positions through evaluation-hire, contract, and direct hire opportunities. Let us help you today!
The Express team in Grand Rapids is a Certified Veteran-Friendly Employer through the Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency. We are committed to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Express offers a competitive benefits package for evaluation-hire and contract positions including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Holiday and Vacation Pay, 401(k), Short-Term Disability, Life, Prescription Drug Reimbursement, and Scholarships.
For a complete listing of all open positions, visit www.expresspros.com/GrandRapidsMI/Job-Openings.aspx.
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519