Located in Asheville, NC
Our client, a prominent medical office with a strong presence in Asheville, is seeking a stellar associate with Medical Coding experience for a full time position. If you have at least 1 year experience as a medical coder, this could be the perfect temporary job for you!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives and reviews charge documents for accuracy
- Reports on missing, incomplete, or inconsistent documentation to appropriate personnel
- Educates providers and clinic staff of proper fee ticket completion and assignment of ICD-10-CM and HCPCS codes
- Acts as a resource for Practice Managers, Physicians and CBO regarding insurance denials resolution and coding questions
- Performs accurate charge entry in a timely manner
- Accepts and posts co-pays, and balances charge posting
- Keeps manager informed of the status of unbilled charges
- Maintains a coding accuracy of 90%
- Accurately follows coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Performs other duties as determined by the Coding Manager
Qualified candidates will have experience:
- Previous experience working in a medical office
- 1 year at least coding experience is required.
- Ability to focus on a task until it is complete
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
Preference given to candidates with a strong working experience as a medical coder in a medical office.
Schedule is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. $14-$15/hr DOE.
Must pass drug test and background check
Express Office: Asheville
1979 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803