Located in Irving, TX
Group Lead- Distribution Center – 2nd Shift
Southwest Distribution Center-LL055
The primary requirements for the job, noted below, are not all-inclusive. This is for 2nd Shift only.
- Must have passed Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) certification test and be able to operate stand-up forklift.
- Ensure all employees work safely and in an environmentally compliant manner
- Provide Leadership to employees by developing employees in all aspects of the job, making routine decisions and trouble shooting
- Ensure all employees know and follow ABS, (5S, STD Work, Kanban, etc)
- Drive KPI''s of area, (+QDIP); Must drive continuous improvement mindset with team; Direct the hourly workforce to insure production efficiencies are met and safety is practiced.
- Ensure employees operate at Cycle time by anticipating and responding to issues
- Staging material for employees to assure flow
- Assure compliance with appropriate quality standards/requirements
- Stepping in and assisting as needed, Instruct employees on processes
- Ensure employees have tools and materials to perform job functions
- Responsible for Visual Management of area, (Hr by Hr, +QDIP, SW docs, KB, Schedule, etc)
- Accurately maintain necessary records and Maintain work area, production reports and boards.
- Must be able to train new employees or replacement employees.
- Work with supervision to correct problems that arise during shift.
- Responsible for moving product or materials in a production or warehouse environment using powered tools and vehicles.
- Count and verify material/product and log or scan information in to the computer
- Verify inventory accuracy by comparing system computation to the physical count
- Load and un-load tractor trailers using sit-down or standing powered industrial trucks
- Attach identification and labels to product and materials
- Move product and/or materials manually as required
- Get on and off the truck to operate the dock locks, count product, and wrap pallets for shipment, cut off banding/wrapping, and place and fill air bags in the trailer
- Inspect all parts, orders, and equipment for quality/safety (checklist)
- Participate, support, and sustain in Lean Manufacturing/Process Improvement events
- Individual responsibility for personal and area safety
- Perform general housekeeping duties as necessary
- High school diploma / GED
- Ability to pass Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) certification test
- Basic math skills Assure compliance with appropriate quality standards/requirements
Qualified candidates must submit a resume to Mari Alba at email@example.com and call for an interview if qualifications are met.
Express Employment Professionals
4070 N Beltline Rd. #126
Irving, TX 75038
(972) 258-4981 ext. 223
Express Office: Irving (Dallas Metro)
4070 North Belt Line Road
Irving, TX 75038