Import Specialist – International Shipping
Located in Virginia Beach,VA
The Virginia Beach Express Employment Professionals office has placed over 3,500 qualified candidates with local Virginia Beach area companies. The majority of our positions are PERMANENT positions, although temporary positions are also available. We are a great resource for job seekers, and there is never a fee to our applicants for our services. Express also offers affordable health insurance for employees and their families.
Our client, an import/export shipping business in Virginia Beach, is looking for an experienced Import Specialist to assist in processes of the business.
- This position reports to the General Manager of Customer Services North America division.
- The Import Specialist assists international import customers with inquiries and problem resolution, to ensure prompt release/movement of import cargoes from the ports and if required, delivery to its inland destination
- Coordination with European agents and input of cargo manifest for MED traffic.
- Responsible for transmission of arrival notices, updating discharge and deliveries in the ACL/Grimaldi Atlas system.
- Coordinating freight payment, OBL receipt and customs inspections and/or clearances to facilitate delivery of imported goods.
- The majority of the MED cargo are RORO freight, the majority are new vehicles; the West African freight is a combination of used vehicles, RORO and containers
The right candidate must be proficient in the following skills for considered:
- Customer Service Minded: "willingness to serve" attitude and the ability to maintain a focused knowledge of specific customer needs
- Excellent communication skills:
- written – ability to articulate information both to customers and throughout the organization in thorough, detailed, yet concise messages
- verbal – ability to communicate effectively in personal and telephone conversations at all times
- Problem solving, sound decision making, and critical thinking skills: ability to analyze situations, weigh out alternative opportunities, resolve customer organizational issues, and communicate well in any type of situation.
- Versatility: ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, and be open and accepting to changing conditions
- Professionalism: Required at all times, and especially when working with difficult customers and other internal business units
- Excellent organizational skills required to maintain accurate records and files and meet governmental and delivery deadlines to avoid additional cost to the lines.
- Initiative: Ability to recognize opportunities and take on tasks independently; a willingness to accept assigned tasks and be open to constructive criticisms.
- Team attitude: A desire to be part of a cooperative team that shares common visions, works hard, and supports all members
- Good computer skills.
Work Hours: Mon-Fri; 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Pay: $15.00 hr
TO APPLY: please email your up to date resume (in a Word Document or other editable format such as a PDF) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title (Import Specialist, #K075 ) on the subject line. If your experience and skills match the job requirements we will contact you to continue the screening/interview process.
Express Office: Virginia Beach
4530 Professional Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23455